Private coaching available.

MBellRacing

I'm not sure if this is taboo to offer this on a forum or not, I'll remove it if it is!

I've been pro racing in Grand Am with Turner Motorsport for the last season and a half (teamed up with VJ Mirzayan the first year and Bill Auberlen this year) and am looking to keep busy in the off weekends. I've been lucky enough to coach a couple times privately and a few more with some schools and would like to expand that end of my career. I love spreading the knowledge I've acquired thus far and have been instructed myself by many amazing drivers and have seen what sorts of training works [at least for myself].

A little about myself:

I reside in the Bay Area, CA but am always willing to travel. Thanks to the Koni Challenge series, I have been lucky enough to see quite a few different tracks across the country including: Buttonwillow, Willow Springs, California Speedway, Infineon Raceway (Sears Point), Laguna Seca, Thunderhill, Daytona, Homestead, New Jersey Motorsport Park, Carolina Motorsport Park, Mid-Ohio, Mosport, Robling Road, Trois-Rivieres, Lime Rock, Watkins Glen, Miller Motorsport Park, and VIR.

I started my driving in an old BMW E30 M3 and was most fascinated by car control. I strongly believe that car control is something of a lost art in many amateur and semi-pro drivers. I did many track days on my own at Thunderhill, Buttonwillow, and Laguna Seca. I have done both the Skip Barber driving and racing school, the latter done all 3 days in the rain. I bought one of the old Turner Motorsport BMW 325i Touring Cars that was formerly driven by Bill Auberlen and ran that in a couple Time Attacks and in BMW Club Racing. I have competitive experience in AWD, FWD, and RWD cars.

My pro career started last year when I went on to Koni Challenge after one season of BMW Club Racing and was asked to drive with Turner Motorsport codriving with VJ Mirzayan. We had mixed results last year in the ST 330i mostly due to running an outdated car in such a progressive class. I was asked at the end of the year to move up to the GS class in the M3's and to drive with Bill Auberlen. This has definitely been my favorite season and absolutely the most successful. Mostly thanks to the instruction I received from Bill, I am very proud that I have qualified on pole 5 times in the last 7 races and never qualified lower than 3rd. Our luck hasn't turned many of those qualifyings into perfect finishes, but we've done enough to win Daytona, take 3rd at Lime Rock, 2nd at Watkins Glen, and 5th at Mid Ohio (with no brakes... GO BILL!!!). I have track lap records at Homestead, New Jersey Motorsport Park, and Laguna Seca. I can help with car setup, learning a track, learning to read data, or just learning to use a car to its fullest.

Anyone interested in some private instruction can PM me on here and I'll do my best to accommodate you!

I don't see a problem either. One day I will be able to take advantage of this type of service. See you at Barbers next month, I hope it cool's off by then.

Thanks, guys. Just wasn't sure... Sounds questionable, I'm just not sure where else to market the service. I got my most useful lessons privately and would definitely enjoy being in the position and given the chance to pass on what I've learned.

Barber should be fun, never been there! I'll be driving with Boris Said this time and I know he's pretty familiar with the track. Come over to the turner tent and say hello!