Honda Fit min weight

mikeski38

2050lbs for the Fit. Wow! Thats light! Too bad there wasn't any time for that thing to compete in HC before the 25 so we could get an idea how fast it is going to be.

I saw it on the Friday test day. Even with very experienced drivers in the car, it was slower than the H4 field that weekend. Don't count is out though. It will have a very experienced drivers lineup & great support crew.

88 HP, ? LBS/FT to the ground.

I saw it on the Friday test day. Even with very experienced drivers in the car, it was slower than the H4 field that weekend. Don't count is out though. It will have a very experienced drivers lineup & great support crew.

I have already heard (unsubstantiated) tails of the Fit's astonishingly long stints between fuel stops in Japan. Also rumors of more than one fuel tank, but I'm not quite sure if that's illegal... Still only get 10 gal/stop.

:| I'm worried...

they said on the streets in japan it gets above 50mpg, so you have to figure on the track its going to get at least 30mpg.

nothing that team PDQ and goto racing shouldn't be able to top.

Even if it gets great gas mileage if really will not matter too much (DO NOT get me wrong it does matter) but you can only put in 10 gallons per stop.

Even if it gets great gas mileage if really will not matter too much (DO NOT get me wrong it does matter) but you can only put in 10 gallons per stop.

Are you kidding me? A car that gets great fuel mileage will have to come in less. Less pit stops means more time on the track. In a 25 hour time frame that is a LOT. everyone will have 10 gal a pit stop, but if the fit does get 30MPG during the 25, they will be coming in a lot less than the others in its class. I know my car gets about 10mpg during a sprint race, so do the math( i would be coming in 3x more than the FIT). if we run similar times, he will most likely win because of his fuel economy.

Then again, that is just one variable in a 25 hour race

No I am not kidding that is why I put it in parentheses that it does matter. I just do not think that it will be the determining factor that just because they are in a slower car that gets better gas mileage they will win. During the test I think the best anyone got in the Fit was 2:11 or 2:10. And that is with top notch drivers (not saying that you and me are not top notch) I know I have done a 2:08 in a prepped E2 car. So lets say we are 4 seconds faster a lap then them. Last year the E2 winer did 562 laps. times that by 4 seconds and that leaves 2248 seconds or 37.466666 minutes. So even like you said that you have to stop 3X more then them, As long as you are not making 10 minute pit stops you should still come out ahead.

I see your point.

Then again, this is a 25 hour enduro. your not going to be running sprint pace the whole time..

I guess we will see soon.. I'm leaving for T-hill tomarrow...