So who's behind must we kiss...

clock

Man that would be sweet! By since it is a CART race, I am sure NASA would have to pony up some big bucks.

Always been a dream of mine to run on a street circuit. Maybe NASA can hook us up with one East coast and one West coast CART street circuit support race.

Always been a dream of mine to run on a street circuit. Maybe NASA can hook us up with one East coast and one West coast CART street circuit support race.

Rumor has it that NASA may run an HC race in conjunction with the Mexican Road Race Series - a four race series in the streets of Tijuana and other cities in northwest Mexico.

The promoter of the series was at the SoCal HC finale and he said that the races are major events with newspaper and other local media coverage. He said 50k fans over the course of a weekend - asking for autographs, taking pictures with the race cars etc.

Something like this is certainly a possibility and could make us club racers feel like pros if only for a weekend.

Mexican Road Race Series - a four race series in the streets of Tijuana and other cities in northwest Mexico.

The promoter of the series was at the SoCal HC finale and he said that the races are major events with newspaper and other local media coverage.

The Pulpracing.com guys have done that a few times. There is text about their adventures under "Stories" on their web site and video from the race on the NSX Files DVD. Doesn't look as scary as it sounds. Still... Mexico is a little different than running a race in Canada.

Thawley -- Gringo

• Members

Gus, Miguel, Tom Paule and I go down there and race. It is a blast. They do indeed have thousands of fans and newspaper coverage but it is in Spanish so it wont do you too much good in the states. I am working on a date to bring the HC cars down to Mexico and it would be our own NASA run group if it happens (we will have staff and control). Things are always last minute with the Mexican authorities and we will have to wait and see.

Here are some pictures of us at the last event in T.J.

Mexico1.jpg

Mexico3.jpg