After-event Thread for 27/28 Buttonwillow HPDE 1

22racing_chick

I just want to thank everyone for making the event so fun and enjoyable. Everyone was so friendly and really seemed to go out of their way to help the newbies. Overall the event was pretty organized and the BBQ was awesome. I especially loved that turbo margarita machine. It is not enough to say that I had a blast over the time I was there. I was the slow-poke in the gold Mustang rental that felt like I gave the turqoise and yellow striped flag a workout . Yes, I was slow, but really for me it was a huge improvement for what I normally drive overall. Mainly I want to thank my instructor- whose name I cannot remember (sorry i'm really bad with names) for your awesome teaching. Again, what a blast! If I could do this every day- I would! I found myself after the event trying to figure out lines and apexes on the road even if I could not use them. What a real bummer that was not to be able to turn the corners at 90mph heading home.

PS: if my teacher is reading this- what events are planning on going to coming up?

I just want to thank everyone for making the event so fun and enjoyable. Everyone was so friendly and really seemed to go out of their way to help the newbies. Overall the event was pretty organized and the BBQ was awesome. I especially loved that turbo margarita machine. It is not enough to say that I had a blast over the time I was there. I was the slow-poke in the gold Mustang rental that felt like I gave the turqoise and yellow striped flag a workout . Yes, I was slow, but really for me it was a huge improvement for what I normally drive overall. Mainly I want to thank my instructor- whose name I cannot remember (sorry i'm really bad with names) for your awesome teaching. Again, what a blast! If I could do this every day- I would! I found myself after the event trying to figure out lines and apexes on the road even if I could not use them. What a real bummer that was not to be able to turn the corners at 90mph heading home.

PS: if my teacher is reading this- what events are planning on going to coming up?

You weren't a slow poke. Was it your first time driving on a track? Your lines looked pretty good. You'll get faster over time. I was in the green Integra sedan.

Hey Matt, how is Integra holding out against bigger artillery? I'm thinking of picking one up for HPDE's, too scared for my new car out there and want something inexpensive with great handling and FWD layout. Also what speeds were you able to achieve on the main straight before breaking point?

Would be great to see some numbers for stock integra's skidpad, lane change etc performance, to compare it to newer cars ... I can't find any magazine tests from that era, just hp figures...

Racing Chick, you were very quick driving that rental, I wonder would rental insurance cover HPDE damage? Otherwise it might be easier / cheaper to rent a stang every time I go there instead of buying a dedicated track car.

You weren't a slow poke. Was it your first time driving on a track? Your lines looked pretty good. You'll get faster over time. I was in the green Integra sedan.

Hey Matt, how is Integra holding out against bigger artillery? I'm thinking of picking one up for HPDE's, too scared for my new car out there and want something inexpensive with great handling and FWD layout. Also what speeds were you able to achieve on the main straight before breaking point?

Would be great to see some numbers for stock integra's skidpad, lane change etc performance, to compare it to newer cars ... I can't find any magazine tests from that era, just hp figures...

The Integra is a great track car. Yes it's FWD, but I was still able to keep up with the C6 corvette and NSX. My motor is stock too. I just have suspension mods and Toyo RA1s. I want to go back to street tires after I finish the RA1s though.

Passport? what passport?

The only passport I own is to travel on a plane

Where do I get one of these?

Hey any of you guys gonna be at the late August Thunderhill HPDE? I'm outta Santa Cruz and Cal Speedway isn't looking like a possibility right now. Too far and too close in date.

JDM: lucky you werent the green mini- man that guy was driving me nuts with the way he kept lapping me

How fast could you get it to go on front straight I wonder?

The Integra is a great track car. Yes it's FWD, but I was still able to keep up with the C6 corvette and NSX. My motor is stock too. I just have suspension mods and Toyo RA1s. I want to go back to street tires after I finish the RA1s though.

Hey any of you guys gonna be at the late August Thunderhill HPDE? I'm outta Santa Cruz and Cal Speedway isn't looking like a possibility right now. Too far and too close in date.

JDM: lucky you werent the green mini- man that guy was driving me nuts with the way he kept lapping me

I probably won't make it to Thunderhill. However, I will be at Buttonwillow on 9/27 with Speed Ventures. No, I wasn't in the green Mini. Was the driver being too aggressive?

How fast could you get it to go on front straight I wonder?

I think I got up to 100-105mph.

"I probably won't make it to Thunderhill. However, I will be at Buttonwillow on 9/27 with Speed Ventures. No, I wasn't in the green Mini. Was the driver being too aggressive?"

Matt: Naw, not too aggressive at all. It was just wierd being lapped by a mini-cooper while i'm in a 2010 mustang is all. I look and here comes this green little thing out of nowhere and off it goes! rather funny if you think about it.

That, right there, is a perfect example of driver talent versus the car they're in... absolutely NO disrespect to you, 22, just a good example of what a "hot shoe" can do... I swear, if you put somebody like Boris Said or Sabine Schmidt into a Yugo, thew would probably lap half of the race group fields in a 30 minute sprint! I've had HPDE 1 students that I've graduated right up to HPDE-3 before, so that may be the case there, as well.

^ I absolutely agree. I'm sure people were thinking the same thing about my grocery getter Integra Sedan. I think I'm going to move up to HPDE 3/4 at the next BW event.