Texas HPDE inspection location?

jrod

I've read about this "registration packet" some folks get before an HPDE, but I'm not one of those people. I'm wondering where I should get my car inspected in the Houston area (west side, preferably) before the HPDE at TWS. Can I just check down the list and turn it in at the track, inspection at the track, or a specific shop?

Thanks,

Jared

You could check (or get checked) the car before the event. However, you still need to go for the tech inspection Saturday morning and that's the one that counts.

I hope that answers your question.

Usually we have open Tech on Friday night at the track. I would highly recommend you complete the forms and make sure all of the safety points are cover. Makes for a smooth tech session.

Usually we have open Tech on Friday night at the track. I would highly recommend you complete the forms and make sure all of the safety points are cover. Makes for a smooth tech session.

Not to hijack the thread, but I've signed up for the August 1st and 2nd event. It will be my first event with NASA. I haven't received any sort of confirmation or instructions. Should I be expecting something? How will I know if there is a Friday night Tech?

robert

Yes, there will be an open tech on Friday night.

No, they do not send out a registration packet. They will give it to you at the event registration.

Yes, there will be an open tech on Friday night.

No, they do not send out a registration packet. They will give it to you at the event registration.

Awesome, thanks for the followup. Now, I don't want to sound too dense, but how would I normally learn about a Friday tech night happening? Or when event registration begins on Saturday (or Friday, I'm assuming?) I can make assumptions based on past events with other organizations, but that seems to leave a lot of room for error. I guess I should be patient and see what happens over the next few weeks. Thanks,

robert