2nd Gen CRX Sugestions

ny_racer_xxx

Hey guys great site!!!

I'm a life time racer. I've raced Motocross, road raced motorcycles and currently road racing superkarts. I'm thinking of building a late CRX car for HC class. Fabrication isn't an issue as I'm a pipe fitter/welder/fabricator by trade and engine building and tuning has been my thing as well as chassis tunning and shock building.

Briefly reading the rules I was curious as to what to run in the chassis department as in; are true coil-overs allowed in that class, what sway bars to run, tire/wheel combos?

Trying to get an idea as to what it will cost to setup a bone stock car.

Thanks,

Chris R.

Briefly reading the rules I was curious as to what to run in the chassis department as in; are true coil-overs allowed in that class,

yes, BTW what class, H4 or H1?

what sway bars to run, tire/wheel combos?

Trying to get an idea as to what it will cost to setup a bone stock car.

You can any rim and long as it is no wider than 7". The swaybar issue is debateable. Some run none on the front and a large rear, some run stock front and a large rear. Its a matter of preferance.

H4 Class I'm interested in, and they allow a full coil over shock? There goes economical!!!

why do you say that?

I run ground control and Koni yellows.. for a race suspention I think its pretty cheap. I know several H4 racers that run a very simular setup and are VERY fast!

H4 Class I'm interested in, and they allow a full coil over shock? There goes economical!!!

why do you say that?

I run ground control and Koni yellows.. for a race suspention I think its pretty cheap. I know several H4 racers that run a very simular setup and are VERY fast!

i think he's talking about the newly allowed threaded body shocks instead of the less expensive ground-control style slip-on collars. They do offer more travel than stock shock with GC collars, but plenty of guys are going fast with both styles. Not that big a deal, i don't think. And if it's really a concern, check the pricing on Progress 75 series http://progressauto.com/Civic/Civic88-91co.htm Probably not that much less or more than BrianZs Koni set up.

Thanks guys that's the kind of info I'm looking for. What I was talking about is shocks like Ground Control's Advance Design, at $400 a pop, it's adds up quickly.

I have built many, many, shocks for motorcycles from motocross to road racers, I'm sure guys go fast with off the shelf stuff, but I think if you had a custom valved shock, that would be a world of difference.

Can you take the Koni's appart and revalve them?

Chris R.

Can you take the Koni's appart and revalve them?

Chris R.

Yes. You can send them in to Koni NA to have them revalved. Lee Grimes is now the Motorsports Mgr. Other places do it as well, but I have had a lot of sucess working with Lee.

I know that he is having a run of shocks made with SSSP valving. The benefit is that you wouldn't have to send a pair of perfectly good of the shelf shocks to have them revalved. You just buy them that way. This would also allow you to avoid the 6 week wait.