cooling for mustang

limp1969

What radiator and fan is the best for my car? Looking for a better set up than what I have now . Its a big radiator but will still like to go with something better quality. Also it has a cheap electric flex fan on it. It covers about 60 % of the radiator. Does this matter? The fan only works to cool at low speeds?

I had problems with the car running hot in 95 degree heat. It had coolant in it so I replaced it and flushed it with distilled water and a bottle of water wetter. It did run 15 degrees cooler after, but would still like to upgrade

I have a fluidyne, and stock fan. The fan probably does more harm than good after 30mph or so. My cooling system is about the only thing I haven't had a problem with on my car.

• 1 month later...

I gave up on off-the-shelf parts. I hit ebay with the dimensions of the space the radiator was meant to fit, and picked up a fukal'big fluidyne NASCAR radiator. For cooling, I went to the junk yard and found a fan from a 4.6 liter thunderbird and just wired it for high.

sitting still, the fan drops it from 200 to 180 in about a minute on a hot day. While driving, I have yet to see it go above 170. I smashed this ant with the biggest hammer I could find, never have to worry about it again.