Last big push for Nationals attendance!

Tim Comeau

I'm registered.

If you're not going to Nationals because you don't believe you'd be competitive at the National level, think about it again. The Title is not the only reason for going.

You don't need to be competing for the overall win to have a great time. Just attend to be a part of "The Show!" There will be 30 frickin' evil 944 Spec race cars taking the green flag. Imagine that for a second! I don't think I have a good chance of winning, but I want to help grow the class, show the class, have a great time with my 944 racing buds, experience the event, etc.

I know it might be difficult to get time off this late in the planning, but if you can even just fly in and watch, it would be great to meet more fellow 944 Spec guys who share the excitement of our class.

It still just amazes me where we are today, when I think back about how hard I worked to start up what was only our second group in SoCal. Now, there's 6 groups.

Share the dream, guys. Share the dream....

I hope we have 2 more RMR cars since the last update !

Remember talk to your local series director about TOYO pay out !

"Low cost equal racing"

Alrighty then!!!!

Steve Agoston from SoCal is in and will register asap. He did one extra TT start during the last race weekend at Cal Speedway to qual for Nationals.

Still working with Tom Atteberry.

Where is Stansfield? Last we talked he was signing up.

He's fast and should have an effect on the top 10.

yep he is one of the rmr 3 more ... i hope .

Chuck,

Dave told me you had a parts car going that you might allow in the race. I'm heading up for the SM race (me and a customer) but could race in 944 Spec if we can get SM and 944 split by at least one group and if you need me to make a 30+ car field for the Toyo money.

Something to keep in mind? Give me a call. Dave told me I could supersize up to the day of the event. I'll do my best to tune the car in any way I can. The last time I was in Pueblo with an SM customer we borrowed Mark Franklin's second car that hadn't been raced for quite a while, worked on it until 4 am and ended up doing pretty well with it. Mark seemed really happy with the car we handed back to him. I have no idea how perfect your parts car might be, but I'll be in Utah Monday night with tools.

I guess the same is true for anyone else with a second car they might like me to work on in exchange for getting the 944 numbers up. Hopefully I can hand it back in faster condition than when I first saw it.

Karl

p.s. I'll be in the semi, so I will have tire changing / balancing equipment. I can also bring my 944 if I can't fill the last spot. It's only a tub with 90% cage and all suspension, but the suspension is wonderfully blueprinted and free with Delrin bushings. I also have seven spare cookie cutters.

Thanks for the offer Karl ! The car ran near perfect at PPIR, posting a overall second fastest time in the session I drove it . I might have a renter for it but we shall see.

p.s. I'll be in the semi, so I will have tire changing / balancing equipment. I can also bring my 944 if I can't fill the last spot. It's only a tub with 90% cage and all suspension, but the suspension is wonderfully blueprinted and free with Delrin bushings. I also have seven spare cookie cutters.

is there going to be a bake-off at Nationals as well?

(non-944-spec humor)