Reserving number

Neon2dmaX

• National Staff

Well, you know what they say about rules....

Jim, our regional directors in SoCal didn't have a problem with the TT guys using their preferred numbers, even if they were 2 digits. So, we allowed them to use them this year. I am keeping a database of our numbers now, and allowing our guys to take them on a first come, first served basis. Many of our guys choose to use 3 digits anyway. So far, we haven't had any problems. I suppose if a logbooked racer wanted to join TT, and his car had a number that one of the other TT drivers was using, I would ask the TT driver to change his number (since the racer's number is permanent after race teched and logged).

Dave, I did save #49 for you.

I see - thanks Greg.

We get too many people using 77, 11, 71, 17, etc. (anything where you can make numbers using tape in a straight line). We use the 3 number system to get more combinations for our "tape number" guys.

--Jim

• 1 month later...

Hey Jim - just so you know, I will be back with my Saleen in the Ohio-Indiana Region and I plan to run the Midwest Region as well. Oh, yeah, as you probably already guessed, I want # 188 again.

Brian,

Glad you're back with us but I know that means something with great potential didn't happen ... best wishes next time.

Not sure you'll still be a "B" - check the new rules for 2005. Many of us are bumping one class.

Jim, it still could happen since all that's stopping it at the moment is sponsorship. I'm continuing my plans with things as I know them today - and that means TT again. Besides, I have to defend my championship before moving on.

Hey, check my other post under the rules thread. The rules are a little fuzzy when it comes to my Saleen (due to an oversite, I'm sure). I could take advantage of 'gray area' loophole - then I'd be running TTC.

• National Staff
Sean Hall = 66

Sorry Sean,

Number 66 is already taken. 666 is still available, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you have a Lambo Diablo If you send me your e-mail address, I can send you an excel file with all of the reserved numbers. Most of them are on our website (from last year's drivers), but some have been taken since then-- http://socal.nasa-tt.com/id18.html

Also, please send me an e-mail so I can add you to our e-mail group.