Source for horseshoe tow eyes?

Tim Comeau

i have a "u" bolt on the front and rear of my car, $1.79 at OSH. strong enough to lift my car when i broke the LF spindle and they couldn't get me on the flatbed.

Not sure which one you mean. There's so many now.

I think it's funny that tow eyes are fashionable now among the import tuner types. It seems like every other bass-bumping, taped on body kit, speed bump scraping, never been off the street Civic I see has cool powder coated or anodized tow eyes sticking out each end about 4". I guess they don't see the irony.

http://rennenmetal.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; sells a variety of tow eyes, some specifc to 944 and a bunch of universal ones, they have excellent prices too. I have put their tow eyes and tie down points on a couple of cars and the quality was very good. Edited by Guest

Tim,

Check McMaster-Carr part #3076T11 around $9 ea. I have these and they do not stick out unless you weld them in the up position like I did. I welded them because they made noise when I hit a bumps.