What sorts of things inhabit the Super Unlimited class?

Mike Mulligan

Hi Guys,

What kinds of cars generally show up to run SU? I know it's pretty much a catch-all class, but just like to get a general idea.

I just joined NASA and will be working with a buddy in the 944 spec class to begin with, but I'm busy building a semi-tube frame Porsche 914 with a 3.3 turbo from a '91 930 for PCA Club Racing. Been wondering if it would fit in anywhere at a NASA event. Looks like SU is just the ticket!

So Am I going to be chasing (or being chased by) Can-Am cars or what???

• 1 month later...

I'm getting a Radical Prosport 1000 for SU but probably mainly running enduros. Generally SU contains a pretty mixed bag of race cars but AFAIK nobody's actually put a Can Am car in SU

Don't know if this helps but I'm running my American Iron Camaro in SU this season out West.

Only because there are some So Cal NASA events that aren't on the AI schedule that I'd go to anyway, and SU is where my car goes when it's not in AI.

Christine

Mike,

Except for the occasional 911 GT1 car that might sign up for SU your car as described would probably be about as radical as anything running in NorCal SU. In Norcal you would probabaly fit better within the Porsche Racing Club (PRC) run group as a GT1 car anyway.

jeff

944t with identity crisis PS-0 / SU ???

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Check out this months Import Racer, on the cover is a 350Z that runs SU in the SoCal region.

Hey Tom,

I assume it's James Axis mobile! That's fantastic, hopefully it might draw more imports into our class...

Greg

axis_wheels_350Z_racecar2.jpg

And lets not forget about his competition, of course...

untitled8.jpg

Yup, that's his *supercharged* (not twin turbo) 350Z

And you are indeed his competition!

I was misinformed regarding the tubro vs. super charger setup. I think it was some Nissan guy that didn't no his "Ts from his Ss" . Anyway I look at it, it's still 500whp of competition...

Be seeing you at Willow

yes, are you?

Yes Sir! I blew a synchro ring and entire clutch at the last race so I'm going to have to take it some what easy. It's only suppose to be in the mid eighties so it should be a pretty good time...

Greg

What clutch are you using? What roll does "Road Race" play with that car?

ACT 2600/Fidanza flywheel. RRE played/play a major part in the build of the car especially with performance, tuning, and suspension. They are heading down the EVO path although...

The 2600 I had in there fried, do to a warn out clutch assembly pedal and a 100 mph down shift from 5th to 3th.

Nope, no EVOs for me. I prefer the road less traveled. I build the wagons that bands usually stand on...