Ok, Charles how did you do it?

comatb

Charles there were nine drivers that posted a faster single lap time..... so how did you win? I can't wait to see the video.

Congratulations!

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showrun.jsp?id=1305300&perclass=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bill

Looking at the Mylaps lapchart, it looks like Hamden and Fox were swapping the lead for a while, then Paluch got up front for several laps, then Charlie got by them all late in the race after running 4th much of the day. Maybe they used up their tires, and consistency ruled the day?

Charilie ran a smart race. Right place right time and when he saw a gap he took it. Then held on.

Nice job. Charlie.

The set-up is that Jim Foxx took his turn trying to pass me for the lead after Norm lost momentum trying to pass. So Jim got a run and took the inside at the attitudes. He went really deep and that forced me over gators on the second one slowing us both down. Charlie was a few car lengths back when this happend and shot by both of us on the outside of the 2nd attitude and the inside of he 3rd one. With both Jim and I going slow he just shot by. Jim and I then contintued racing hard. I tried to close to Charlie and I did. Then Norm and Jim pressed me from behind, Norm and I went sideby side in the last 3 corners and both of us got a little sideway on the exit to the last corner. That gave Jim a run on both of us and Charlied pulled a gap. Jim got by me turn 1, by a tiny bit. A lap or two later I tried a pass on Jim and lost momentum. This gave Norm on run on white flag lap and he got me going into the attitudes. I barely held on for 4th with Austin on my bumper. A little love tap however pushed me enough in front to hold him off. All the racing gave Charlie enough room for the win, Jim Foxx held on for second and Norm got thrid. I held on for fourth and despite missing the podium I ran one of my best races ever. Austin finished 5th the road, but was repositioned to last after he was found to have made pass under yellow. This elevated Dave Dirks to 5th from 6th.

As I posted on 944 spec's site, my in car cam show's the big pass by Charlie which should be the pass of the race!!! I can't wait to see the proffensional DVD that will put out. Slower lap times and winning a race shows that there was lots of talent involved!

Great job Charlie and again congrats!!!

As I posted on 944 spec's site, my in car cam show's the big pass by Charlie which should be the pass of the race!!! I can't wait to see the proffensional DVD that will put out. Slower lap times and winning a race shows that there was lots of talent involved!

Great job Charlie and again congrats!!!

...and when can WE expect to see said in car cam footage?

Hi Guys, just got home and I am still pumped!!!! Thanks for all the congrats.

The racing was great, Joe and Norm did an excellant job of leading most of the race. Anyone who was leading was under alot of pressure from behind. Absolutly no gimmes from anyone. Overall a very clean race. There were at least 5 drivers who could have won.

I did not have the quickest car and was lucky to be able to stay at the tail end of the lead pack. I started with lower tire pressures hoping that it would pay off in the end. That was the right decision for me. I was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time when it counted.

The double pass at the Attitudes for the lead was sweet!!!!! Again I was in the right spot when it counted. Jim had a run on Joe and it was late in the race, had I been two car lengths farther back there is no way I would have gotten by.

Lots of luck and some patience is what gave me the win. I will take that any day.

I will try to post my in car tomorrow. But don't count on it, still unpacking.

Yes, I moved from SC west to SC east - So. Carolina. Big culture change! I've passed on racing in 09, will try to start up again in 10. But I sure miss it! Watching this race made me even miss it more. Had to go fire the car up and just sit there a while!

Pete