H1 Valve Train Question and no movie line crap please

SMSP

I asked the following before.

I've seen some new B series rockers coming out on the market. Can these be used since the head is free in H1?

There was one response before it grenaded.

I've seen RLZ with some and prototype racing, I also believe that crane is coming out with some.

Could we get an official answer?

the rules say:

If these rules do not expressly state a modification is allowed, it is prohibited

c) “Above” the engine block, cylinder head preparation and porting is free. Valve size and material must conform to original specification for that particular head. Valve preparation (angle, cut, etc) is free. Springs,

locks ,retainers, and shims are free.

d) Camshaft(s) are free and adjustable cam gears may be used.

The way I read that, you cannot use them. But hopfully an offical can clear that up.

The way the rules read now, no you can not use them. That is the official answer. What region are you in? Did you ask your Regional Leader?

What a rocker that wasn't completely oem could do is alter valve lift & even duration.

Given the above, does it really matter in H1? Since springs, retainers, cams & cam gears are free, are we protecting anything? IMO, no. I will try to get further input once the weekend is over.

The way the rules read now, no you can not use them. That is the official answer. What region are you in? Did you ask your Regional Leader?

What a rocker that wasn't completely oem could do is alter valve lift & even duration.

Given the above, does it really matter in H1? Since springs, retainers, cams & cam gears are free, are we protecting anything? IMO, no. I will try to get further input once the weekend is over.

Well I guess how I was reading it, if the camshafts are free then we could use VTEC Killer cams and these use different rockers so any rockers could be used. So I guess an official clarification would be a good idea.

Well I guess how I was reading it, if the camshafts are free then we could use VTEC Killer cams and these use different rockers so any rockers could be used. So I guess an official clarification would be a good idea.

They way it reads right now, is camshafts are free, not rockers. So you would NOT be able to use that cam if you have to replace the rockers.

the rules say:

If these rules do not expressly state a modification is allowed, it is prohibited

c) “Above” the engine block, cylinder head preparation and porting is free. Valve size and material must conform to original specification for that particular head. Valve preparation (angle, cut, etc) is free. Springs,

The way I read that, you cannot use them. But hopfully an offical can clear that up.

as the rules read.....i read the rockers are free and legal.....i ran them last year....

cylinder head preparation and porting is free

as the rules read.....i read the rockers are free and legal.....i ran them last year....

Is this why you say they are legal? I could see that now..

the rules say:

ummm im sitting here trying to figure HOW you think that rockers are free. No were does it say anything about the rockers, so again if its not exoressly mentioined its not allowed.

Now if they should be allowed or not is besides the point, as the rules read right now, they are illegal to run. I think its a far strech and a cry with an arm brake in there to say that they are illegal

NOT AN OFFICIAL ANSWER.

I would say if you changed the camshaft and it REQUIRED a rocker change then that would be allowed, SINCE CAMSHAFTS ARE FREE, the parts to install them should also be free.

If the cam in the car does not REQUIRE the rocker change, then the rocker change is illegal.

NOT AN OFFICIAL ANSWER.

I would say if you changed the camshaft and it REQUIRED a rocker change then that would be allowed, SINCE CAMSHAFTS ARE FREE, the parts to install them should also be free.

OR, you could look at it from the point of view that the "free" cams had damned well be designed to work with the stock rockers which are NOT free.

Put another way, if the cams were so outragiously engineered that they would no longer fit in a Honda head casting, does that mean you can run an aftermarket head? I think not. (Just playing devil's advocate here; personally, I'd love to see all you rich boys be legal with Mr. Gasket crate motors and DART blocks in H1. I mean, if you're gonna spend 10-12 grand on shot peined rods, a knife-edged crank, a welded chamber and ported head and the rest, why not have a 10-12k motor with reliable aftermarket pistons and rods and give more potential sponsors a way to promote their products in NASA instead of elsewhere?)

I see this issue from both sides. I really do. Just trying point out our weaknesses, so WE can come up with solutions before anyone else does...

OR, you could look at it from the point of view that the "free" cams had damned well be designed to work with the stock rockers which are NOT free.

Put another way, if the cams were so outragiously engineered that they would no longer fit in a Honda head casting, does that mean you can run an aftermarket head? I think not. (Just playing devil's advocate here; personally, I'd love to see all you rich boys be legal with Mr. Gasket crate motors and DART blocks in H1. I mean, if you're gonna spend 10-12 grand on shot peined rods, a knife-edged crank, a welded chamber and ported head and the rest, why not have a 10-12k motor with reliable aftermarket pistons and rods and give more potential sponsors a way to promote their products in NASA instead of elsewhere?)

I see this issue from both sides. I really do. Just trying point out our weaknesses, so WE can come up with solutions before anyone else does...

i agree with the first part of your statment. but the second part, any motor will become un-reliable if/when its pushed to a certian point. A dart or Mr gasket motor can be pushed to the raged edge and grenade just like some of the "hc" built motors have.

And there are plenty of Top running HC guys who have no problem with grenading motors. but thats a whole different subject.

Im guessing with in the next week or so we will see new rules with all of these issues addressed

cylinder head preparation and porting is free

Is this why you say they are legal? I could see that now..

HEAD PREPARATION IS FREE....which means....how do i prep the head....well i have to change the rockers for the cams which is part of head prep....so it is a leagal mod!