What Class to Run?

Scott-GibsonWheels

Hi Folks,

I am building a street-legal Ultima GTR. Curious what class it would run in. If there are any officials on this forum that can point me in the right direction?

The car -- Engine is a stock LS-7 (Corvette Z06 engine) with cats running on street tires (rear is 335/30-18 and 245/45-18 fronts PS-II). There's a 6-point cage, two seats with 5-point harnesses, two fire supression systems, and aluminum fuel tanks (not cells). It's a tube-chassis, weighs 2,200 lbs. (2,506 with fuel and driver), and has a big wing on back (stock option). Power-to-weight is about 4.45 lbs. per horsepower. O.Z. wheels, AP brakes, and Intrax dampers at the corners. I can't think of anything else that could affect the class/category.

The driver -- I have driven a hand-full of Ultima cars, but many other track cars as I have been a driving instructor for multiple HPDE groups for almost 10 years. I don't hold a current race license.

Thanks for your comments...

• 1 month later...

I am thinking about running TT next year what class would a Baby Grand Race Car be in? I was told I would be in TTA a few years back, has this change?

Thanks, Dave

I believe it still falls under TTA/PTA when following the INEX rules for the Baby Grand series. Modified beyond that would likely be TTS, U, or R (and STR2, 1, or SU) depending on horsepower and weight levels.