Strut Brace & Sway Bar Advice

Porscheotto

Can someone please give me advise on what Strut Brace and after market sway bars I should buy and still remain 944 spec legal?

Thanks in advance,

Otto

#21 Tangerine Orange 944 Spec racer

P.S.

Thanks again to all the 944 folks that made me feel welcome at my very 1st NASA event. Your hospitality and friendship was amazing!

Sway bars are free.

Budget choice = 944 Turbo or 968 MO30 bars

Most run Weltmeisters F&R, though you can combine a turbo or 968 M030 front bar with a rear Welmeister as well

Tarret bars have nicer quality hardware than the above choices, but are pricey.

I run OEM Porsche 26.8mm front and 19mm rear 3-way adjustable sway bars, with reinforcement braces for the front and upgraded drop-links for the rear. I think the front came from a 968, and I know the rear came from a 944 Turbo. Once I switched from dead R888's to trash-pile RA-1's, it was good enough to get me an easy 2:21.408 lap Saturday morning. I'm confident that the car has more in it... I just need real tires and to fine-tune my driving on them. So, you don't really need expensive Weltmeister bars, although many people choose to go that route.

Can someone please give me advise on what Strut Brace and after market sway bars I should buy and still remain 944 spec legal?

Thanks in advance,

Otto

#21 Tangerine Orange 944 Spec racer

P.S.

Thanks again to all the 944 folks that made me feel welcome at my very 1st NASA event. Your hospitality and friendship was amazing!

Otto,

I run weltmeister sway bars. The reason that they are adjustable. Even if you don't adjust them right now they are very handy as you develop. Over the weekend I made two rear sway bar adjustments to help corner exit understeer. That really help dial in the balance of the car.

I did not make any front sway bar adjustments, but I have done so at other tracks.

For a strut brace I run a weltmeister as well, but those are more expensive than they need to be. I got mine about 8 years ago and since then KLA came out with a nice one for 1/2 the price.

Glad you had a great time!