Thanks to all who helped me swap engines at Nationals

Capt Squid

On the last lap of the 2nd qualifying race, my engine blew up with a rod through the side of the block. My car was just off the flatbed when Chuck (National & RM director) and Tim (SoCal director) had their heads together about Chuck's spare engine. I was ready to put the squidmobile on the trailer until Tim and some of the other 944 racers said that we could sway engines in time for the championship race the next day at 1 pm.

We had the blown engine out by the NASA dinner at 7 pm and returned to work until midnight with the replacement in but not hooked up. 944 guys from all regions helped. The next morning the installation was completed. It was a tag team effort not to be believed. Tim gave up his warmup session to help me run down a water leak.

I was on the grid for the championship race and had a great race. I consider my 14th place finish a victory. I cannot say enough about the 944 spirit. I have never seen a group that pulls together like this one.

Thanks again to all for making Nationals the best racing weekend that I have ever had.

Jim Richmond

Squidmobile

Jim, sorry to hear about your blown motor. I have the other one almost finished. As soon as I get the head back from the head shop it will take just a afternoon to finish. Two valves were slightly bent and I had to order some shims to set the spring heights correctly. The short block is together and waiting. I'll call you when it's ready, Rob

wow...i havent driven at any NASA event yet, but Tim has helped me on the phoen before and Chris (genikz) was MORE than happy to help me out any way he could over the weekend to get my heating issue resolved. Incredible. Makes me all the more excited to try to button up my car and get out there to meet you guys. Great story.

Jim, you had so much help it was not possible to get near the car.

That was a great feat to change the engine at the track. Fantastic job by everyone who helped.

I had to wait till the next AM to get a chance to work on it.

I know you could have run much closer to the front. You are plenty fast when we go wheeel to wheel.

944Spec is a great class with awesome drivers.

Charlie Buzzetti

THAT....was a classic 944 Spec swarming!

You've heard about it in the past. Now you've had a chance to see it happen in person. When a car goes down and we know we can fix it in time to race, we swarm on it. There must have been 5 to 7 guys swinging wrenches around that operating table!

Jim Richmond and I had a great dice because we got his 944 running again. You'd think the ungrateful bastige would have let me beat him!

Maybe he will let you out bench race him

But Jim will never give up a position with out a battle. He has great defensive driving tactics that are very hard to beat. A formidable competitor if you have the misfortune of being behind him. (I have, I know).