Rule Change: Section 3.0

pocracr

Shall GTS adopt the proposed rule change?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Shall GTS adopt the proposed rule change?

• Yes
    • No

Delete: The hp and torque of each dynamometer run will be

averaged and then the dynamometer run with the highest average will be used in the weight to

power ratio calculation:

ADD: Highest HP and Torque numbers of 3 Dyno Runs will be used to calculate weight to horsepower ratio.

Sergio Nardi

SoCal Region

I have never understood this rule at all. Why not just declare a class? No need to declare horsepower based on anything. Should there be a compliance check, all three factors would be checked: weight, horsepower, torque. The resulting class would be calculated. If the car is in the right class, great, if the wrong one, well, big penalty!

I mean, I've done way more than 3 dyno runs for my car. I can find peak HP from 159 to 191 depending on what was going on that day. Which one should I use? Does it matter, as long as the weight I race with is legal for the horsepower/torque that I race with?

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with JSirota.

Except for the regions that do not bring dynos to the event for fact checking.

In my 944, I can change the Hp with chips and have a 15 Hp effect on the dyno run. So, I have dyno sheets showing everything from 115 Hp to 138 Hp from this year depending on the motor and chip that I had in the car (yes, I have had 3 different motors in the car)

Why not just go to picking your class based on your dyno resluts and your weight without actually turning in the results.