Rule Change: Protest Procedure

Lemming

There is very little information in the rules concerning protests. For instance, if a protest is allowed by the race director and a dyno run is needed what happens? Is the car impounded until it can be dynoed? What if there is not a dyno at the track and there is not one just down the street or it's Sunday and the shop is closed? Does the car continue to race for the weekend? Are you allowed to work on it?

This area is incredible vague and I guess it is currently up to the regional director? Does it need to be spelled out?

Does the CCR not provide sufficient details to cover GTS requirements in your opinion? I'll have to check with the National Office to see if this is an area that we can dive into in the GTS rules, or if that would be overstepping the bounds (as it's driving the Region Directors to action).

Section 17.2 does discuss Post Race / Qualifying Legality Inspection. The second paragraph of 17.2 would likely apply to a car that has been protested and impounded but is vague and I assume it would be left up to the race director.

• 2 weeks later...