NO NorCal-SoCal crossover events :(

slammed_93_hatch

So i was checking out the calander for next year, and noticed no cross over events! Has the small turn out, falure of the past ones influnced this? Personally i think it would be awsome to see a potential ~50 car HC feild.

comments, questions, rambles, the forums kinda dead in the offseason anyways

last time i looked at the schedule it looks like we are only at two tracks..

we have how many tracks that are in the area? to me it seems like we are using only half(or less) of whats out there.

in the past I remeber sucessfull nor cal/so cal crossovers. I know most of the nor cal feild wants a crossover..

no reno this year too?

who do we need to talk to solve this?

One can only assume that Ryan, Mike and Jerry have simply not gotten around to finalizing crossover schedule details yet.

Considering the press and entry number potential with a multi-regional field, there is simply no good reason NOT to do it at least once in NorCal and once in SoCal per year. Seems to me, the entry potential is even larger than the Mid-Ohio event last year. How cool would that be? It would really suck to see SCCA get a toe-hold on series image marketing by running "crossovers" at Laguna Seca or elsewhere that could take the spotlight off of NASA. Seems like an easy situation to avoid.

I hope we'll here more about this in the near future. Be nice to start planning early for a NorCal Crossover :^)

Being worked on already. We are just a little behind this year.

Sorry.

glad to hear it, only thing that scared me was thatthe socal schedual didn't show a anything and it wasn't tenative.

side note, if we had one at button willow or willow springs, we could invite the AZ guys too, that would be sweat

side note, if we had one at button willow or willow springs, we could invite the AZ guys too, that would be sweat

I know I'd be interested. I already prepped my wife for some long tows to your crossover events next year.

Just let us know where and when.

Ryan/Jerry: I'm guess you guys are aware that Champcars signed with San Jose to do SJ GP right?! Think of the opportunity I think it'd be great if we can get HC to be one of the supporting races. 50+ car field screaming down SJ streets. That would be awesome.

Has the small turn out, falure of the past ones influnced this?

I seriously doubt it because they are always well attended and good successes when held at Buttonwillow. There are usually so many race cars HPDE has to be cut down.

50+ car field screaming down SJ streets. That would be awesome.

I wasn't aware there are 50 HC cars in Cali...

If there are... why haven't they sent in their profile info?

Honestly, Ryan has a lot on his plate with the JGT thing this weekend. I expect more to be accomplished once that is done.

We have briefly discussed a couple of options for crossover events between SoCal & NorCal. Because of the way the schedule is set up in NorCal & SoCal, it isn't a real cut & dry issue this time. We will be shooting for one migration each way. Setting it up so that our Arizona HC friends could come would be very cool. IMO, the more of us the better.

Most issues on the 2005 rules have been resolved. Almost all changes will be minor with really just wording being refined.

Buttonwillow seams to be the best middle spot. 7-9 hours for AZ, 4-6 for nor cal, and 1-2 for so cal. And if we get them to let us run it CCW, it is a really wierd track, lots of decreasing radius turns. In any event, when we do a crossover, we should run the track in a abnormal configuration so the "home team" has little advantage. Like T-hill backward, or over the hill maybe?

Let me fix the times for you. for the socal Part. Just from the valley you have to be doing 130MPH with the trailer to make it there in 1 hour. It takes me a little over 2 hours to get there from the Valley. It takes 3 Hours for people from orange County to get there and about 4 hours for people from San Diego. If not more BW is not that close to us as most people think.

Buttonwillow seams to be the best middle spot. 7-9 hours for AZ, 4-6 for nor cal, and 1-2 for so cal. quote]

Buttonwillow is the best middle spot, and inconvenient for everyone. Although I think AZ has it worst with at least a 7-hour tow plus time changes during parts of the year.

I think crossover events should be designed so that the most possible participants from each region are able to attend. Therefore I would rather see two crossovers at Buttonwillow because its relatively centralized location.

That said, I would love to run at Thunderhill or Infineon and would make the trip if it was on the schedule.

FWIW .. when we towed to LSR last month, we had to go through Buttonwillow and I believe we were at about the 11 or 12 hour mark (from Tucson) when we got there.

That said, I'm still down. Just let us know.

awww common, my girlfriend graduated from UofA and it took us 13 hours to the east bay area, and the east bay is a solid 5 hours from bwillow.

...but whatever, I will drive far to make this happen.

awww common, my girlfriend graduated from UofA and it took us 13 hours to the east bay area, and the east bay is a solid 5 hours from bwillow.

...but whatever, I will drive far to make this happen.

Heh, but you weren't towing a racecar w/ a 4Runner.

It took us about 16 hours total to LSR, so whatever that works out to. I want to say BW was around the 11 hour mark or so. Stupid Cali 55mph limit for vehicles towing!

Whatever tho, like I said before, it's doable.

If we have two crossover, I like CA speedway and Infineon.

Of course you do. All the big hp cars want to hit the oval!!

hey, don't knock oval. I actually find Roval, CA speedway in particular, are fun and it has it own challenges.

Don't tell me you don't have the balls, Mike

I try to do at least 2 out of state events a year with last year doing a record 4

Either Buttonwillow or WS would work with CS being my 1st preference since it's only about 4.5-5 hours from Phoenix.

I would like to make it up to Norcal but that would be a "long" tow....but it is a future goal.

See you guys at CS....

PS...I'm trying to get some of my AZ HC buddies to come along in March!

Paul

That said, I would love to run at Thunderhill or Infineon and would make the trip if it was on the schedule.

How about the rest of the SoCal racers? Would you be willing to come up to Infineon? Thunderhill?

Of the two, Infineon would be the shorter drive for you by approx. 2.5 hours.

As the schedule sit now, if we come south on an open month, we will be doing either Fontana or Willow Springs. Are the NorCal guys willing to drive down to either of those tracks?

We will also really need to consider the AZ schedule if the AZ HC guys can come out as well.

I really want this these crossover events to be big!! If we have a huge field, we could get our own run group!! Huge car counts can entice the magazines. Sponsors love that!!!