Enduro tires, 225/45/15 any problems?

bnewport

I'm leaning after advice towards Nitto NT01s but size is an issue, I can only find 205/50/15 or 225/45/15. The 225 looks better but any issues with the 45 side wall? Stiffer suspension for sure but anything else?

I'm leaning after advice towards Nitto NT01s but size is an issue, I can only find 205/50/15 or 225/45/15. The 225 looks better but any issues with the 45 side wall? Stiffer suspension for sure but anything else?

Nope, ran them on my cookies when I was a "cup" driver.

I'd definitely recommend the 225/45's over the 205/50'sBilly. I ran them on my 944S as well the 225/50's and the car was quicker on the 245's. They will also have significantly better grip than the 205's, particularly in a long race, where the narrower tire will build heat quicker than the wider one. The only issue is they make the speedometer even more inaccurate than most of them already are, but most of us don't use the speedometer much anyway. I know you have a data logger and my Traqmate is always waaay more accurate than my tired old speedo. Plus, if I want to see rev's and mph in practice I just set the Traqmate to that setting.

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showrun.jsp?id=1022840" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

looks like there were 30 or 31 entries last year, one of which was an ALMS GT2 team (they ran a Ford GT, had their full ALMS refueling rig, tire changing stuff, crew, etc).

E2 had 14 entries, and actually outran E1 and E0. Lots of SpecE30s and SpecMiatae iirc.

That was the inagural event, I expect with another year advertizing + economy being down entries should be similar