New fuel lines installed today

bnewport

While I like the install, I only hope that you didn't jump the gun here. I know that this is currently under consideration, but has not been approved yet for 2010(unless I am missing something).

While I like the install, I only hope that you didn't jump the gun here. I know that this is currently under consideration, but has not been approved yet for 2010(unless I am missing something).

There has been no problem with doing this in the past, and it has been explicitly allowed as it is a safety item, so we already have cars with aftermarket fuel lines. If you see it in the 2010 rules, it's really just a "clarification of an existing practice".

There has been no problem with doing this in the past, and it has been explicitly allowed as it is a safety item, so we already have cars with aftermarket fuel lines. If you see it in the 2010 rules, it's really just a "clarification of an existing practice".

Thanks Weston for clearing that up for me. nice.gif

Yeah,

Given the age of stock rubber, the expense of "stock replacement", and the location over the headers safety is bigger concern than any performance gain from fuel lines. Wording for the rule has not been established, but there will be something to address these.