SCCA's Honda Cup

mikeski38

It has been hard to not notice some hostility between HC and this new series, from parties on both sides. I do not believe that any amount of bad blood between HC and SCCA's honda cup will be good for HC. I think we should try to promote good relations between us and this new series, I'm not saying we should promote this new series, just not talk poorly about it. Since it is SCCA, it will draw cars and publicity, and we want them to speak highly of the ORIGINAL honda challenge and NASA. Does anyone agree? Or am I way off base?

I have been tough on Honda Cup because of my personal feelings towards the organizers of the series. I do agree bad blood is bad for both organizations. But I believe NASA's best move is no relations rather than good relations.

This is also a good time for HC competitors to do their best effort to promote the series they race in. I am sure Honda Cup will be promoting themselves on the web and in publications such as GRM. As a for profit venture, NASA needs to better publicize the HC as the premier Honda Racing series in the U.S.

We as racers need to make it happen with the help of NASA. We already have people working on the website - we just need the help of the racers to make it great. It would not take much to submit race report articles to GRM for publication. I would be willing to work on the SoCal reports - and can probably arrange photographs.

There are many things (I have many ideas) that can be done to make the HC higher profile with little expense. It would just take a little cooperation from competitors and organizers to make it happen.

something simple like pitting all the HC cars together at a event would help a bit!! yes we really should promote HC better. i'm down to do what i can in NorthCal.

Mike...I feel that more racing is never a bad thing. The SCCA Honda Cup will give SCCA members, some who normally would not race NASA, the chance to experience a Honda Challenge type race. When they realize how much fun this is, they will learn that NASA has a better program that is more affordable and has teaching (to gain experience) classes such as HPDE. Also, if a person likes and wants to run a Honda Cup type car but can not afford it...they can race H2 to H5 in NASA.

I also agree that the bickering that is occurring within NASA and Honda Challenge does nothing but hurt NASA and enable Honda Cup. You may not like the organizers of Honda Cup but the reasons that they have started a new group is gaining acceptance every time NASA shows its ugliness. The best thing to do, is to let Honda Cup go forward and have it flourish or flounder on its own accord.

This is also a good time for HC competitors to do their best effort to promote the series they race in. I am sure Honda Cup will be promoting themselves on the web and in publications such as GRM. As a for profit venture, NASA needs to better publicize the HC as the premier Honda Racing series in the U.S.

We as racers need to make it happen with the help of NASA. We already have people working on the website - we just need the help of the racers to make it great. It would not take much to submit race report articles to GRM for publication. I would be willing to work on the SoCal reports - and can probably arrange photographs.

http://www.gotoracing.com I believe to be a great source for great HC publicity. Please visit and tell me what you think.

I have seen your site and like it a lot.

There are many racer/team sites that are great sources of publicity for the HC. What seems to be missing is a centralized location for it all. We see many race reports from drivers/ teams, but nothing about the race itself - something that could be submitted for publishing and/or appear (consistently) on the WCHC website.

Jimmy has been gathing driver bios which is great. One thing we should include in each bio is a link to the driver's website. Is that possible?

As mentioned earlier, it would be great to have all the HC cars in the paddock together. I always thought a winner's podium would be pretty cool as a promotional tool. A driver gets the feeling of a big accomplishment, sponsors get their logos in photos of the winners, and viewers get the impression that HC is no less important than any other motorsport event.

Rick,

I've always looks for ways to promote the series. John Tecce actually tried to do this before, but got minimal response. My website is more of a team report, because it is my website and I have sponsors to satisfy.

I like your idea on the link to driver website.

When I raced with BMW CCA and NABR, one thing that they always do is pit together. Have one centralize location where people can come and check their times. This will be good if we can arrange a spot like in NorCal, will be Mike Quan's trailer. All the result will be posted there and award distribution as well. Maybe we don't use the champagne ala USTCC, but it is still a great photo op for the series.

something simple like pitting all the HC cars together at a event would help a bit!! yes we really should promote HC better. i'm down to do what i can in NorthCal.

In nor cal we pretty much do pit together when we can.

I'm really likeing this thread, a lot of great ideas on how to promote HC. .

I'm down to help how I can..

Jimmy has been gathing driver bios which is great. One thing we should include in each bio is a link to the driver's website. Is that possible?

I would be willing to do driver portraits for the site if we could do it some race weekend when most guys are there. I could also do it on an ad hoc basis if/when people want to schedule something here in OC.

Does the Honda Cup even have a chance out side of CA? Is it even on the radar of the geezers at SCCA HQ?

I'm sure it does. There is enough differences between Honda Challenge and Honda Cup that I think both series can be successful

I like the idea of keeping HC atitudes & the HC image upbeat & clean. I agree that negativity will only bring us down.

With that being said, I am excited to see the number of people willing to devote time & effort in promoting the series. Please keep the ideas coming.

For myself personally, it is really gratifing to see NorCal starting to take off. It makes all the work that I put in & have put in worth it to see the good racing & comraderie @ the track (& off too). I want to say, "Thanks!" to the NorCal guys (& visitors from other regions too) for making it happen. We have a great group & I am proud that Jerry or Dave doesn't come to us with the 'bad boy' list!!

One thing we should include in each bio is a link to the driver's website. Is that possible?

Send me the person's name and the URL of the website and I can get it up.

every one really needs to get on the other racers they are friends with and tell them to send in there Bio info, if there is only 10 racers on the website and drivers or sponsers come to the site and say oo shit there is nothing here they will be turned off and go to another series. It is really important to get every one up there.

After the holidays i will be working hard on getting EC MW SE AZ and other regions Bio info. so if you are from that region you can get ontop of things and send them to jimmy_chilcott"at"yahoo"dot"com

again i urge the racers to get the info from there freinds that might not access the internet all the time and send it in for them. Andrie has done this for a MW racer and it promted me to just gather all the regions.

Ill be doing as much Photography and videography (sp) as possible for the NorCal races, unfortantly i just plain suck at writing. I know Z always does his best to get some great fotage of the races and makes some awsome video.

Also if you have Video's please send me a link to were they are hosted, i know Jim has said befor that we can and should put these on the site.

Z if you could Email me all the link since im at home and don't have them saved. i will also be contacting FLATOUTRACING and getting his video's which he always does a great job doing. SO if you have anything like this please email it to me at jimmy_chilcott"at"yahoo"dot"com

all of us Honda guys usually pit together, the HPDE'ers and the HC guys...it's awesome being able to get out and get advice from Mike or Paul after a session, they've been a HUGE help to me in my learning process through HPDE.

for me it's very simple

if SCCA decides to engforce the 13/13 rule then that's where me and my car will go

I am not interested in bumping is passing b.s. supported by nasa officials competing in the series or otherwise

I think both series have people stepping up in a way never meant orriginally and they will simply price out the individual at some point in the near future

for me it's very simple

I think both series have people stepping up in a way never meant orriginally and they will simply price out the individual at some point in the near future

we were trying to KEEP BAD BLOOD OUT OF THIS.