Putnam Park GTS/Thunder Video Race #1

scottbm3

Prefer a different starting row speed?

You were eating that blue car's lunch (Saturn?) in the corners, but man did he have some straight speed. Was that lap traffic contact with the leader just after the 19 minute mark?

It looked to me like you took the overall victory...

Prefer a different starting row speed?

You were eating that blue car's lunch (Saturn?) in the corners, but man did he have some straight speed. Was that lap traffic contact with the leader just after the 19 minute mark?

It looked to me like you took the overall victory...

Hey Ian,

The blue car was Chris Griswald in his 2009 National Championship winning AIX Mustang. He had it dialed down to about 750 WHP this weekend..... I caught the second place car(Black E92 M3 GTS5) in the traffic heading into the left hander. I had the prefered line heading to T9(right hander) and he tried to go outside. The green mustang and the white firebird made contact and he had to slow to avoid them. That allowed me to pull out a bit. He was catching me at the end, but I held him off at the line. I took second overall and first in class. The white E30 M3 (GTS5) took the overall in GTS

And yes he was going way to slow on the pace lap. The first wave had already gone green and they were coming strong and if we didn't get moving they would have been on us before turn one.

That's what happened in the second race and we had to go FCY for 2 laps to avoid a bad situation. He's a young guy and he's still learning, so we'll give him a break. Ahh, to be a teenager and being able to drive a full spec Grand-am GS car. It all worked out so it's ok.

-Scott B.

• 3 weeks later...

Scott,

If I'm not mistaken you have some work done at Tom Hatem Automotive. Any idea what the story is on that GTS2 E36 325is they provided for Sean Tillinghast at this race? 1:16.5 at Putnam in a GTS2 car is pretty impressive, that must be one well-sorted car.

Colin

Sean thought something was wrong and found the paper restrictor on the intake had caved in so he repaired it with an alum piece and started in the back of the field!!! He got bottled up in the first race but he pretty well kicked a$$ in the 2nd race and got a great start.

Sean thought something was wrong and found the paper restrictor on the intake had caved in so he repaired it with an alum piece and started in the back of the field!!! He got bottled up in the first race but he pretty well kicked a$$ in the 2nd race and got a great start.

Ahhh, yeah I hadn't noticed the 2 second increase in times between qualifying and the race. Regardless, I didn't mean to imply that I thought there was anything suspect about the car, I'm just genuinely curious about the suspension, engine setup, etc...