Sucky 2004 Nor Cal shedule

mikeski38

Aren't we lucky here in nor cal to have to many great tracks at our disposal to RACE on. Too bad we only use two! Don't get me wrong, I love thunder hill and infinion, but what happened to fernley, or a buttonwillow crossover, or dare I say, DARE DARE, Laguna seca? I sure am glad all the HPDE drivers get to enjoy a world class track that is in our back yard, but where's the love for the racers?

Who in nor cal HC would be up for a few informal crossovers? I have compared the nor cal and so cal schedules and there are four weekends of theirs that don't conflict with us. March 12-13 cali speedway, June 11-12 buttonwillow, July 9-10 willow springs, and November 12-13 buttonwillow. If we did one of each track, we could run on 5 different tracks this year. Cool...

I am going to do CS in March and more than likely WS this summer as I did last year. A few of us usually head over to SoCal during our AZ summer break since we are dead in the summer and WS in July is a break from our summer heat .

I hope I can get some AZ HC guys to make the trips....usually it's myself and a my Porsche buddies!

As it get's closer to the open crossover dates you suggested- we can use this forum and pick and choose dates. They don't have to be official cross-over dates for some of us to get together and say.....

Let's all try to go to CS in March!

Paul

#51 H1 2500lbs 1.8

The "Fosters" has got to go!!!!

Ahhh, Mike, you need to learn some patience.

As was posted in the other thread, things are being worked on. Here is the realality of the situation. Ryan & NASA SoCal are basically running the JGTC event. The work load is more than was expected. Next week is Christmas. We still need to work on the schedule. We still need to finish up the rewrite of the 2005 rules. I know that we are behind the eightball & I apoligize. Unfortunaltely, there are things beyond my/our control.

I know you aren't complaining about that but....we are still sorry to be so late. Really.

Again, I envision two official crossover events. Dates to be determined.

Personally, if things work out right, I wouldn't mind going down to SoCal for extra races. For me, it will be a balancing act between money & time. Unfortunately, I seem to never have enough of either.

Like Mike L. I have gotten a little worried about the lack of a x-over events or the lack of track that we are going to this year. But the only info we have right now is the POSTED race schedule. All I see is two tracks listed . I know the So-Cal guys are busy right now, and I know the schedule affects more than just HC.

So that said, If there are no official x-over events I would be willing to go down to so cal or even AZ to run an unofficial x-over event.

Not to worry mike, I know you do much more then your share when it comes to HC. You are our most valuable asset. My concerns are directed more at NASA itself and how we seem to be less racing oriented lately, and more open track day oriented. HPDE is great, but what I loved most about HPDE when I was in it was that you could run your car, then while your resting you could watch some racing. I just hope we can convince the higher ups in NASA to allow us to race on all the great tracks we have available to us in the area.

I was pretty surprised to see that you guys might only be using 2 of the NorCal tracks. Crossovers are one thing, but like Mike said, you have some great tracks right in your own backyard that you're not using. I'm sure there's more to it than meets the eye, but that's what meets the eye.

Paul - I don't know about CS in March. Personally, I'm waaay more interested in BW or WS. Of the courses I've run so far, PIR is my least favorite. I really don't dig on the roval layout. I just looked at the map of CS and, if possible, it looks even more bland than PIR. BW and WS layouts look much more interesting to me. I guess if it was a lot closer though, it may be worth it. I wonder when we'll get our NASA AZ schedule so we can figure out what does and doesn't conflict w/ ours.

CS is a flat easy tow for us I-10 all the way and it's a only a couple of miles from the track to some decent hotels, food, ect once you get there...it takes me about 4.5- 5hrs from the track to get home.

NASA is going only once this year to CS....

WS - add about 2-2.5hrs to the trip which isn't much but when you finish at 5 or 6pm it's a long drive home.

I also plan on going to either WS or BW but BW is slightly further...

NASA-AZ

Jan 8/9 PIR

Feb 5/6 PIR

Mar 5/6 PIR

AMP is trying to get a permit but who knows???

Right now it would be 100db from 10AM to 5 or 6PM.

It would be nice to rotate tracks locally- within one hr we have--

AMP(maybe), PIR, FIR main, FIR east, and FIR west. Then throw in some crossover events....in Socal

Paul

i plan on doing a LOT of HPDE's and getting my license in 05 and doing some races, but we need more then 2 tracks we have 4 rather close, im not sure why no one is found of fernly is it the tow that kills every one?

I wana do BW WS LS and maybe CS thats along ways away though

i plan on doing a LOT of HPDE's and getting my license in 05 and doing some races, but we need more then 2 tracks we have 4 rather close, im not sure why no one is found of fernly is it the tow that kills every one?

I wana do BW WS LS and maybe CS thats along ways away though

Reno is a longer drive for most of us, but that does not stop most. Reno is also a very new track. Last time I was there.... the runoff was not that great, there are no buildings, ect. basically its a new track (wasn't thunder hill a new track once?). I think Reno got a bad rep the first time nasa went out there, and the second time it was MUCH better! I was hoping to see it the third time and even more improvements.

I cant say I'm in love with that track, but it is a different track! and I would/will go when nasa goes. If they don't go this year, I probably will go out for a track day.

CS is a flat easy tow for us I-10 all the way and it's a only a couple of miles from the track to some decent hotels, food, ect once you get there...it takes me about 4.5- 5hrs from the track to get home.

Hmm ... that does sound like a good argument for doing CS. Especially when you tack on the extra 2 hours coming from Tucson. I guess we'll see how everything shakes out, but maybe CS in March will be doable. I'd definitely be interested in getting out there during the summer too. Three months off is almost too much to handle. Besides, what would I do with all of that money I wasn't spending on racing?

Honestly we are spoiled out here, the guys back east drive 5-10 hours to most of the races.

Here in norcal we have 4/5 tracks UNDER 5 hours from a centeral norcal point, Sacramento of course

• 2 weeks later...
We ran it backwards in the old days when we only had the east side built. It was fun! Let's do it again!

I agree, specaially since we seem to only run two tracks up here. It would be like a ahole new track!

We ran it backwards in the old days when we only had the east side built. It was fun! Let's do it again!

I agree, specaially since we seem to only run two tracks up here. It would be like a ahole new track!

any one want to comment on why no fernly or LS? The porche guys get to race there why not open it up to all?