Rule Change Proposal: Section 5.0 Dyno Frequency

ianacole

Shall GTS adopt the proposed rule change?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Shall GTS adopt the proposed rule change?

• Yes
    • No

I would like to see that dynos be done for each calendar year and not a rolling 12 months. This will make it easier for the Regional GTS Directors keep up with who needs to provide a dyno. Plus, making each racer do a new dyno when the year starts is a nice way to keep everyone honest since most engine swaps, upgrades, etc. are done in the winter months.

you mean go back to how it was before this season, until some started complaining about getting to the dyno in time for their first event. i think a new dyno should be done for each season, not on a 12 month basis, so i vote yes.

Damien

Yes, the rules would revert back to the original requirement of annual dynos conducted within the calendar year. My thoughts:

Pros:

-Easy to determine if someone is competing with a valid dyno (in terms of validity date, not whether it captures recent changes).

-Competitors know when they need a new dyno and can't potentially get caught out forgetting when their dyno is due.

Cons:

-New racers coming late into a season (e.g. a first time participant at the SE Region's December event) may only get ~1 months use out of a dyno before having to get a new one.

-AZ region, I believe, runs their season from ~September to ~May to work around the heat. Reimplementing this rule will force AZ region GTS competitors to get dynos in the middle of the season, or we will have to provide an exception.

The CMC rules are that the dyno cert has to be after the last race of the previous season. That has screwed me the last 2 years when I had major engine repairs right before the end of the season. Do I dyno it while it's at the shop or do I take it to the last race, then spend the time and money trailering back to the shop to pay for dyno runs a few weeks later?

I like the GTS way of 1 rolling year better. Yet another rule difference encouraging me to sell the CMC car and finish building my GTS car.