Seat open for 9 Hour Road Atlanta

Sterling Doc

Looking for a funded driver to complete a 3 driver team at the Dec. 4th 9 hour enduro at Road Atlanta. You will be sharing a ride in the 2009 Regional Championship 944 with Eric Kuhns & Neal Agran. The car will be prepped to E2 rules under the GTS-1 ruleset. This allows us to run a little lighter, and with a few other benefits, over Spec rules (both map to E2). We will have the full trackside support of Bennington Motorsports, who is also providing transportation. This means a full complement of spares, pit support etc. Arrive & drive!

Since I hate cryptic ads, let me be upfront with the cost, as at this level of prep, race & travel distance, it's not cheap (but is competitive) - $2,250. I would be willing to negotiate if a driver can source tires etc. Planning on running a 245/45/16 tire.

If many are interested, the "Green Machine" Bennington Motorsports rental car would also be available to rent for the enduro. If this is rented, travel costs can be split more ways, and the cost for all goes down.

Splendid.

I just graduated to HPDE 2, so Im ready to go. I'd like to test drive the car first to make sure I deem it competitive, pls contact for arrangements. Also, what color is the car, I need to buy a matching race costume and maybe some stickers.

I wish. Someday soon, wheel to wheel for me. $2k seems like a good deal for this ride.

Seriously, what experience would you require to bring on another driver? Would a competition license suffice or is there some resume requirement?

My goal is to race at Sebring, however possible, once I get my license. My entire family goes there every year to watch and we havent had a driver in the family for 30 yrs.

Forgive the newb questions, its just threads like this one are very intruiging to me.

bump

Case by case basis. For my own car, I'd like some references. The rental car is available more freely, especially for local events.

Swing by the 944 Spec camp during a track day and check it out when you get a chance.

Questions are always welcome - fire away!

We have a team for the Bennington Motorsports sponsored 944:

Eric Kuhns

Neal Agran

Ray Freundt

We are registered, and with the help of Bennington Motorsports, will be making a go the 9 hour enduro at Road Atlanta!

The Bennington Motorsports "Green Machine" is available for rental - put together a team & come race with/against us!

• 2 years later...
Splendid.

I just graduated to HPDE 2, so Im ready to go. I'd like to test drive the car first to make sure I deem it competitive, pls contact for arrangements. Also, what color is the car, I need to buy a matching race costume and maybe some stickers.

I wish. Someday soon, wheel to wheel for me. $2k seems like a good deal for this ride.

Seriously, what experience would you require to bring on another driver? Would a competition license suffice or is there some resume requirement?

My goal is to race at Sebring, however possible, once I get my license. My entire family goes there every year to watch and we havent had a driver in the family for 30 yrs.

Forgive the newb questions, its just threads like this one are very intruiging to me.

bump

Fast forward two years since this post, now I have my NASA provisional comp license and ready for my first 8 races. One small step for racedom, one giant leap towards my goal of racing at Sebring.

Cool, congratulations!

We went on to finish 3/9 in class. Not to bad for our first long enduro effort, but we sure learned a lot.

Neal Agran, one of the co drivers of that car, just finished 2nd in the 25 hours in E3, today.