New car Log Book

Raznkane

Currently doing an AI mustang build and after following the rules debate in the AI forum I need to know, how complete does a car have to be for a first time log book?

If my car had all except for motor and tranny is that enough?

Needs to be track ready.

They will check the master kill switch to see if it does what it's supposed too, can't check that if the car does not start.

I'd ask your regional tech guy - but I suspect it would at least need to run and be up to par safety specs wise.. might be able to get by if the brakes/suspension/etc wasn't fully ready I'd think but who knows unless they're one of the tech guys.

Thanks! It would have all safety stuff, seats, steering, brakes, and fuel system plumbed to the front and most of the electrical done. I don't think I can have it running by years end though.

I'm in the SE so I'll see if I get a bite from a director.

The main reason I asked this was that if some rules were changed it could affect my build. If I had a log book on this car would it not grandfather me in?

Grandfathering would only concern safety changes, like specs in the CCR. The log book process only concerns itself with safety concerns and doesn't worry about class rules.

Class rules are class rules. If they tell us that 3 cyl Geo Metro motors are the only legal motor next year, you could still get your log book and annual with a V8.

Thanks for the replys. TJ, that is what I had in my mind about a log book but wasn't sure. I was going to make a few mods to the radiator core support and have been reading the AI rules thread where some had issues with it so, I'll just let that wait for the future.

I'll try to have everything done but motor and tranny by the December RA event and see if they will do the log book like that. Then I'll have to meet the class rules with the annual.

Needs to be track ready.

This is the correct answer in case anybody might want to know in the future. At least in the SE region, just check with your regional tech guy or gal as KB said.