Rule Change Proposal: Car Marques

ianacole

Shall we open GTS to European marques?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Shall we open GTS to European marques?

• No
    • Yes

All, I know this proposal may touch a sore spot, especially since we had the discussion not too long ago (a little over a year ago), but our series has garnered a lot of attention, and others want to come play. So in the spirit of formal and organized discussion, at least one day, so again, I am presenting on behalf of one of our competitors:

I am a competitor in a different series and will be participating in NASA GTS in 2010. I really like the series, particularly the 13/13 rule that helps curb rough and unsportsmalike driving. My racecar is of German origin. However, I propose opening the series to other European marques. I have a few friends that would be willing to participate in the GTS series but their cars are not of German origin. Their main attraction to the series is the competitive fields, the like minded preparedness of the cars and the 13/13 rule. I know it would be good for the series to include other European brands as it will increase the fields and bring further exposure to the series by catering to the fans of other European, non German brands.

Granted we have only one day left to discuss, but let's please do so.

We've been through this a bunch of times. It's the German Touring Series..... There's plenty of classes for European and Japanese marques to run in NASA. PT,ST,ST1,ST2,SU etc. etc. It's a little late for this year any how. My Opinion. YMMV

-Scott B.

We've been through this a bunch of times. It's the German Touring Series..... There's plenty of classes for European and Japanese marques to run in NASA. PT,ST,ST1,ST2,SU etc. etc. It's a little late for this year any how. My Opinion. YMMV

-Scott B.

I also agree with Scott regarding this be introduced so late in the game. Not really fair, as more than likely most people that would vote probably won't see it in time.

Just out of curiosity, what make is interested in joining that brought this up again?

Just out of curiosity, what make is interested in joining that brought this up again?

The requester didn't specify when he submitted the proposal to me.