Rule Change Process Questions

ianacole

Well, as Tim mentioned, we are coming to the close of the Rule Change Proposal period, and as this is the first year we've tried this approach, I want to ask everyone their impressions on the process. I want to ask now as I am interested on impressions of the process uninfluenced by the outcome. So...

1. Was the open discussion valuable, or should we move it offline and ask competitors to submit rule changes via email or PMs?

2. Were the forum polls useful, or did they just clutter the discussion?

3. Was the period appropriate? Should we change to allowing proposal submission only during the first two weeks of the ~4 week discussion period?

4. Is the project Final Draft release date (November 15) soon enough for you?

I do want to thank all the participants, both on the forums and those that communicated with their RGDs either in person or via private messages and emails. Your feedback is very important to us.

Well, as Tim mentioned, we are coming to the close of the Rule Change Proposal period, and as this is the first year we've tried this approach, I want to ask everyone their impressions on the process. I want to ask now as I am interested on impressions of the process uninfluenced by the outcome. So...

1. Was the open discussion valuable, or should we move it offline and ask competitors to submit rule changes via email or PMs?

Open discussions are fine, but on these forums you really only get a handful of the GTS racers. As I mentioned before, there should be mass emails sent to all GTS racers and inform them of the proposals and direct them here if they are interested in participating in them. I hate to see a small minority of racers make changes for the masses.

2. Were the forum polls useful, or did they just clutter the discussion?

Polls are ok I guess, but once again, if only a small percentage of the GTS racers take part in them, I don't believe it reflects the masses, just the ones that frequent the forums and make the most noise. Plus they really aren't limited to just the GTS racers as anyone that logs on to the forums can vote.

3. Was the period appropriate? Should we change to allowing proposal submission only during the first two weeks of the ~4 week discussion period?

30 days is fine for discussion, but yes I think there should be some sort of time limit to put in a proposal. Proposals should have a date prior to opening the discussions that it needs to be sent to the director and they should all be proposed at the same time. Putting in one a few days before the discussion is supposed to end and be locked is not really fair to all the racers and it probably won't get viewed by most.

4. Is the project Final Draft release date (November 15) soon enough for you?

That's a hard question. Some will say it should be earlier since some of the regions start thier new season just after the first of the year and they would like to know the changes as soon as possible. It's hard to pick an exact time with all the different seasons starting at different times throughout the country.

I do want to thank all the participants, both on the forums and those that communicated with their RGDs either in person or via private messages and emails. Your feedback is very important to us.

Thanks to you and all the regional directors that work hard for us racers in GTS. We aren't always the easiest group of racers to deal with, and there certainly are some hard headed racers amonst us .

Now lets lock these threads(its the 21st.) and let you directors get started on your discussions so you can get the 2010 rules out by Nov. 15th.

-Scott B.