Jim Richmond takes the SOCAL crown at BUTTONWILLOW!

Tim Comeau

- Richmond suffers another engine failure and Allen steps up and loans him his second car!

- Comeau finishes the season strong with a pole and 2 wins, defeating Foxx.

- Niedernhofer comes out of no where with some really nice driving and ends up off pole on Sunday!

- Atteberry is on the podium for the first time!

That's the highlights for now. Details to follow.

Charlie,

Both Jim Foxx and I drove our A$$es off during both Sat and Sun's race! Having you there would have added a whole nuther layer of complexity that would have been welcomed by the two of us, I'm sure.

The racing was extremely intense because of the competition from Foxx, as well as the much faster CMC and SU guys coming up thru. Still kicking myself in the arse for not shooting any video because the racing was epic! 2 wheels off, 4 wheels off, dodging traffic, dust clouds that brought us to a near stop, locked up brakes, sliding into the turns.......I'm telling you, it was a BUSY ride!

I put two off at Sunrise during the final turn of the race and never lifted because I knew Foxx was right behind me with a good run! I quickly calculated in my head that the finish line was 100 meters away, I would still have some oil pressure for a while if I cracked the pan or even snapped it off. I HAVE more oil pans at the shop....but you can never have too many trophies on the shelf. HAMMER DOWN! Turns out I snapped off several cooling fins on the pan and ground a nice wedge out of the cross member, which made it even lighter so I'm ok with that!

My thanks to Chris Allen for loaning me his spare 944 Spec car so I could race. I had the pole on Saturday by a couple of seconds before my engine went south. Chris loaned me his other car and saved the weekend and my points chase.

I had one run on Tim on Sunday, passed him but he took it right back when I went sideways in Sunset. John, Chris and Tom all drove well. Tom and Chris hammered each other in both races. Tim and Jim F. had a good battle. Wish my car had kept running so I could of caused them a little grief.

A fun weekend with a great bunch of 944 racers.

Jim appreciate the kind words. While we only had six cars great racing both days. Jim in a borrowed car made a few adjustements and pushed to the front of the pack Sunday. John qualifies second Sunday great work. As for Chris and me hard fought both days. Jim please keep the sandwich shop open I may need one someday. Oh and Mr Fox quick starts off the green.

Tim hats off to you for all your help this year whether it is bringing me up to a competative level or just helping all get the cars to the starting grid. You are a great resource to keep our cars rolling.

It is a great bunch of guys to spend the weekend with having some hard contested fun racing.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats Jim!

I think your Karma points added up, Jim. If you recall you lent me your car to do an HPDE session at Cal Speedway a few years back. It took me the long drive to the grid to realize you didn't have a passenger seat for my instructor and I had to come right back to get in my car, but the fact that we had just met that morning said quite a bit about the folks in the 944-Spec class.

I look forward to dicing it up with you guys next year. Fingers crossed I afford it!

Cheers,

Chris Barrington