Wheel Quality an Issue?

mazur

I've been shopping around for wheels, and being that E30's call for a 4x100 wheel with a low offset, the options are limited...especially with a BBK.

I did however finally come across a 17x9 wheel with a great offset and at a great price (college student...you know the drill).

So the only issue is being that the wheel manufacturer is XXR, aka Sportmax, and I am unsure if I should worry about their reliability. Last thing I need is for a wheel to crack around the spokes or have some other failure as I have seen happen to some models of Rotas.

Anybody have any words of wisdom to offer?

Though I can't say I know much about this brand, I will say this:

better spend more money (if possible) and be better safe than spend less money and be sorry. that's the golden rule of wisdom and safety when it comes to racing, right up there with making sure you pay the track clerk off, er I mean making sure you are responsible with your money!

What offset are you wanting?

Might look at Team Dynamics. They are inexpensive for a race wheel, lightweight, good quality. They could probably get you that bolt pattern with a +15 on a 17x9. The bad is they come from England and may take a few weeks. Their US operation is in Ontario, CA and the phone number is hard to find but it can be done. They don't sell to the public so you'll need a business to order.

We are a Team Dynamics dealer.....or we could try to source you something else.

Just to be sure, what is the year make and model ?

and does it have to be 17" ?