Input on recommended helmet for HPDE & TT

Tufast

Hi, I'm attending my 1st HPDE event Feb 12th-14th at CMP & need a helmet. I'm planning on heading to Discovery Parts to try on some on, but would really appreciate any advice on brand & style/model I should go for if I'm attending HPDE, then transitioning into TT next year hopefully. I'm more interested in value & quality over price, but don't want to break the bank.

Thanks in advance,

Jerry

You're going to the right place. He will give you better advice than I can. Just make sure you get one ready for a Head and Neck restraint system so you don't have to drill holes later when you add more safety equipment. For all I know, all SA helmets may come ready for H&N now.

I like the Bell I got from Discovery. I'd do a closed-face due to the whole eye-protection stuff that a closed face tends to provide. Interchangeable visors are a big plus as well, I like the tinted visor I added to mine

Try to get there Friday afternoon (check with Ron and see what time he will be there).

Go to the discovery parts trailer and try them on.

Pay Ron money, enjoy your new helmet!

I went with a full face bell this year to replace my aged sipson open face.

Thanks for the quick responses. So, a full/closed interchangeable face Bell predrilled for head & neck protection is the basic requirements I'm looking for. I will be taking a road trip this Thursday to get try on my gear at Discovery Parts.

BTW, I've decided to pick up gloves & shoes while I'm there. Then I remembered reading in one of these threads of a device that can be used to secure stock seat belts in place, but can't for the life of me remember what it is called or where the thread is that I got it from. Any help would be great, so when I try to ask for it, Ron will know what I'm talking about.

Take a look at the G-Force helmets. They are comparable to Bell choices (IMHO) but cheaper. What matters most is finding something properly rated that fits your head and is in your price range. All of the lower end stuff is probably made in the same Chinese factory these days anyway...

PS- you can always get your helmet drilled for HANS anchors later. Just about any trackside vendor will do it free or cheap if/when you buy the helmet and/or the HANS from them.

Take a look at the G-Force helmets. They are comparable to Bell choices (IMHO) but cheaper. What matters most is finding something properly rated that fits your head and is in your price range. All of the lower end stuff is probably made in the same Chinese factory these days anyway...

PS- you can always get your helmet drilled for HANS anchors later. Just about any trackside vendor will do it free or cheap if/when you buy the helmet and/or the HANS from them.

I have had my G-force for a few years now and like it fine, but came predrilled for the G-force head restraint not the Hans.

Well I took 1/2 vacation day from work & drove to Discovery Parts (1.5hrs) to try on some gear. Picked up a single layer fire suit (I believe it is called) that was disounted. Also found helmet, helmet sock, gloves, shoes, # decals for car that I will be ordering this payday.

Thanks for the advice guys & a special thanks to Ron at Discovery Parts for being so helpful.