New to NASA; project for future season; seeking advice

94civiclxH2

Good day all!

I hope this is the proper place to post this.

I aspire to begin racing in my near future and am currently in the planning stage for building my Honda challenge H2 spec car.

I've read through the rule book very rigorusly but am a little confused on some parts. I'd like tonparticipate in the limited preparation H2" class.

My first question being located in Long Island NY is, is there a local forum?

Secondly is regarding the reading of cams under section 5.1 and 10.3

under 5.1 utilizing a d-series platform it mentions cams are un restricted and a maximum compression ratio of 12.5:1 is allowed. However, under section 10.3 it states that "the entire engine assembly, (cylinder head and block) MUST be constructed entirely of Honda/Acura OEM parts..." i am baffled at how to interpret that: do I have to utilize the oem d15b camshaft or can I use say, Bisimoto's stage 3 cam with springs and retainers?

I'll do my beat to contact the local sanctioning parties bt I hope I can get a little head start on here.

I appreciate the advice in advance.

James

Hi James,

You'll be racing with Northeast Honda Challenge. Our new Series Director lives in Freeport and I'm sure he would be happy to answer questions or stop by to point you in the right direction.

Regarding your questions on the D series, the H2 rule regarding the cam/cams allows you to run any cam designed for that engine. What chasis are you going to be using and will you be able to get it to minimum weight? Feel free to shoot me a message.

Zephyr

Hello zephyr,

thanks for your prompt reply. It's great to hear the local sanction is right here in Freeport, that's 10 minutes from where I live

I'll be using my 94 civic 4dr.

I know not the most optimal chassis but it's the engine and chassis I have so I'd like to plan based off of it. It seems to allow the lowest min weight and I should be able to get the d series up to 170ish bhp.

Since this I only the beginning of my long planning building endeavour I'll be doing my research and not boring you a whole lot with questions.

Thanks again

James