Someone PLEASE HELP ME EXPLAIN

heel_touge

specifically why this will not pass a tech inspection.

6rollcage.jpg

I say, sub harness is wrapped over seat and no back brace. I also think the main hoop is at far too much of an angle. i could be wrong though.

are there any specific rules (i didnt see any) about running an oem seat with harnesses and a roll bar with door bar like that?

The only thing I see:

1) Stock seat with a "roll bar" and shoulder harness. (the harness can slide off your shoulders, the tube frame stock seat will/can collapse)

2) The bends of the main hoop are not in the same plane and the angle is borderline.

3) Main hoop is mounted to the floor pan? (Hopefully someone can post the link to the Mustang roll over with the cage punched through the floor)

At a minimum remove the cage and 5 point belts. Use the stock harness and airbag setup if you want to do HPDE's. (compared to what's in the picture)

Copy pages 75-80 in the CCR and take it to a cage builder if you plan on racing.

im in a rather heated discussion with a bunch of drag racers about how this is far more dangerous than having no cage at all.

ugh, frustrating to say the least.

im in a rather heated discussion with a bunch of drag racers about how this is far more dangerous than having no cage at all.

ugh, frustrating to say the least.

arguing on the internet with some people is about as futile as trying to draw a smell. Good luck!

I kinda have to agree with the drag racers(doesnt happen very often )...that setup looks very poorly crafted in my opinion

no the drag racers were saying that cage setup is safer in a street car than no cage at all in a high speed collision/rollover etc.

Would the T tops be a problem?

For HPDE, probably not. IIRC the CCR says they need to be in place and can't be glass. Preffered it to cover them up.

I sgree thats a horrible roll bar. Too many bends, and I didn't see any rear supports.

Just imagine rolling on the roof and the front of the bar continuing to bend the way it is bent in the picture - BAM right on your head.

My oppinion without looking at codes -

Factory seats need to be used with factory seatbelts.

Shoulder harness comes down more than 10 degrees over the seat it should be perpendicular to the vertical position of the driver (more like a sideways L instead of a upside down V)

Angle on the main hoop is horrendous

I dont see any back down tubes.

No padding (at least on side and top bar)

And last but not least - its ugly