Hawk brake compounds

RSCoupe

Due to their contingency with NASA, I'm looking at switching from Pagid pads (RS14 black) to Hawk. For those of you running Hawk, what compound have you/are you running, and what are your impressions?

TIA

I just (Dec) picked up a set with help from the contingency, but have not yet run the pads on my car. I'd give one of the Hawk distributors a call for fitment and compound recommendations. I got mine (DTC-60 for front fitment) through Andrew Racing, and Andrew was quite helpful.

http://www.andrew-racing.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I really like the DTC60's that I run, much better than any other Hawk I have tried. The DTC70's have more bite, but likely too much for my light car without ABS.

I really like the DTC60's that I run, much better than any other Hawk I have tried. The DTC70's have more bite, but likely too much for my light car without ABS.

How much does your car weigh? Are you running any extra down force (wing, splitter)?

How much does your car weigh? Are you running any extra down force (wing, splitter)?

It's a heavy pig at the moment, 2600lbs with a 3" front splitter and rear wing. I've not tried the 70's but after spending some time on the phone with Hawk, we decided 60's would be best. Tire size is 275's all around running HoHo's. I can lock the car up if I'm not careful.

I used the DT70s all last season and really like them. They have a lot of bite but there's no question the car is going to stop when you tell it to. I think the 60s or 70s either one are good choices.

I used the DT70s all last season and really like them. They have a lot of bite but there's no question the car is going to stop when you tell it to. I think the 60s or 70s either one are good choices.

Did you run them front and rear?

Do you have an adjustable PV?

What is the stock brake bias?

Do you have stock brake calipers?

What is the cars weight distribution F to R?

Have you talked to anyone else running a similar car?

How expensive are replacement rotors?

Do you have good cooling? Front only or front and rear?

How much are you willing to spend???????????

Do you have an adjustable PV? Not yet, but I will.

What is the stock brake bias? Don't know.

Do you have stock brake calipers? No, in front it has Porsche 993TT front calipers and rotors. In the rear it will have 993 Carrera rear calipers, with Audi rotors.

What is the cars weight distribution F to R? Right now it's 60/40

Have you talked to anyone else running a similar car? There really isn't anyone running a similar car.

How expensive are replacement rotors? Fronts are expensive, rears are not (unless I switch to 2-piece).

Do you have good cooling? Front only or front and rear? TBD

How much are you willing to spend??????????? That depends...

Did you run them front and rear?

Yes...all four corners. Having said that, at the beginning of last season I upgraded to the M030 front brakes (larger than before) and added a cockpit-adjustable brake proportioning valve so I can get the balance the way I like it for whatever conditions are.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you have stock brake calipers? No, in front it has Porsche 993TT front calipers and rotors. In the rear it will have 993 Carrera rear calipers, with Audi rotors.

PORSCHE - There is no substitute.

lores_porsche.png