Need advice on where to get best deal on aluminum race jack

Tufast

I didn't know what forum to put this in, so decided do it yourself fit best.

I need a lightweight low clearance aluminum floor jack to take in the back of my car with me to the track. Since we have many establised racers/vendors on this site, I was hoping someone could give me a lead on the best deal going. I prefer to use paypal as payment method.

Thanks in advance.

Jerry

We have dead Craftsman, Torin (aka Big Red, PepBoys, etc) and HF aluminum racing jacks at our shop. I'd stay away from these as they are complete junk in my opinion.

So far I have been happy with the OTC 1532 aluminum racing jack. It comes with a lifetime warranty and can be found online for under $250 shipped.

You get what you pay for with jacks. If you don't mind replacing yours often go with a cheapo.

Thanks for responses. Since I prefer quality over cost looking for the best value & hate to replace something that I have already purchased once, I went with the OTC 1532 under mkbuskuhl's advice. Just ordered new off of Ebay from endless merchandice for $229 plus shipping = $254 total.

Thanks again.

Thanks for responses. Since I prefer quality over cost looking for the best value & hate to replace something that I have already purchased once, I went with the OTC 1532 under mkbuskuhl's advice. Just ordered new off of Ebay from endless merchandice for $229 plus shipping = $254 total.

Thanks again.

I have had a harbour freight 3 ton for 5+ years and it has worked great. Bolts loosened up but that is all.

The generic cheap aluminum racing jack sold by Harbor Freight and others is a popular choice, and seems to hold up decently. They come with many different brand names, but are all nearly identical. I'd normally say to spend a little more money and buy something quality, but these things are actually doing quite well for a lot of people. I've had mine for years before it started to show any weakness, and then it was only in the cold. One wheel did fall off around the same time, but I can't say I really care about that. For the $40 I paid at Walmart (awesome deal; haven't seen it that cheap since), I'm pretty damn happy.