May1,2 Spec Extravaganza at PIR - $100 race for out of state

944-Spec#94

Last May saw an 18 car 944 field hit PIR.

This year we are looking for more.

The deal spec only run group consisting of 944 spec, Spec Miata, SRX7, Pro7.

So really a bunch of 944 spec cars.

$100 weekend special deal for SCCA members or out of state NASA racers.

SCCA Discount Eligibility

Current SCCA Member and Not Raced NASA since May 2009 (So it if raced last May only you qualify)

Out of State discount Eligibility

Reside out of the state of Arizona AND have not raced NASA Arizona since May 2009.

Plus don't forget about our Cinco de Mayo BBQ/beer celebration on Saturday night.

What is not to like!

• 2 weeks later...

Wish I could make that one Joe but it is a 12 hour tow from where I live.

Are there any rental cars out there?

I think I can fly direct from San Luis Obispo to Phoenix.

Charlie, I can take your car. I can bring it back from Buttonwillow and bring it back from Phoenix. You can either come to Palm Springs and go over with me (4 1/2 hours) or fly. Where/when is the next So. Cal. race? I can bring your car to that race for you.

Phoenix is a fun track, easy to learn, hard to master. The only down side is the regional director is difficult, Dave will try to monkey with your car, and on and on with the rest of that bunch. You get the idea.

Big Dog

Next race for me is May 22-23 at WSIR (NASA). I am supposed to be at ButtonWillow on the 21 for a PCA event that I have to instruct at. I don't need my car for that event but I can't miss it. I promised Jon Milledge I would instruct, it is for the Central Coast Region and it is our only DE event all year.

So that may work as long as I do not have any repairs to make after this weekend.

Let me consult with the wife, my calender and the airlines. I will let you know soon.

I have only run PIR once. Could be a ton of fun.

I have only run PIR once. Could be a ton of fun.

It will be fun. I am looking for payback!

Charlie we would be happy to have you with us!

Found plenty of non-stop flights from $259-$277 RT.

Now got to get it past the wife. Will work on that this weekend. She is going to join us at Buttonwillow for Saturday. She almost never says no unless it is our anniversary or her b-day.Both of those are past now. So should be good to go.

Update from Tage

NASA Drivers!

There's less than 2 weeks before registration closes for our May event at PIR. This will be the last time we run at PIR until next October! Don't miss out on the last event before the summer heat kicks into high gear.

https://www.nasaproracing.com/event/1089

The "early bird" registration ends this Sunday evening (@ ~9PM). Next week will start "normal" pricing and the week of the event pricing goes up, so do not delay and get stuck with a higher price (or worse yet, realize that your group is sold out!).

This event is very close to the famous "Cindo de Mayo" so we find it only appropriate that we help celebrate this Mexican Fiesta NASA BBQ style with some authentic Mexican food and plenty of Mexican beer as well as the usual variety to suit even the snobbiest of beer connoisseurs! We'll even have a pinata for the little (and big) kids to wack a few times.

We need to see the registration trends before a schedule can be posted for the HPDE groups, but what we can guarantee is all HPDE groups will get four 20 minute sessions. TT will get four sessions (all 4 split on Sat and all but the last split on Sun as long as there are 30+ registrations). Race group will have a guaranteed split race with all of the Big Bore and most of the faster PT cars in Group 1. Group 2 will be another huge Spec Race. Last year we did a "944 Spec" race which was cleverly named the "944 Spectacle". This year we will be expanding the race classes to all of the popular Arizona "Spec classes".

944 Spec (NASA)

Spec 944 (SCCA's version)

Spec Miata

Spec RX7 & Pro7

Spec Boxter

The voice of many spec racers has been heard and we will guarantee you that you will not be combined with the "Big Bore" cars (even if the numbers do not justify it). The spec racers may also benefit from an additional race as the proposal at this time is to have TWO races on Sunday (qualifying race & main event race). If you normally run with another organization and haven't ran a NASA event since last May (or before), you may qualify for a special discount. Email me privately for additional details.

It has also come to our attention that trophies may have been forgotten at the last couple races. This was an oversight on our part and we sincerely apologize if we missed you. The organization purchased many trophies for this season (the best looking plastic ones yet IMO) so it's a shame that they are still sitting in our trailer in an unopened box! I will personally make sure these get handed out at the May event on both SAT (<-- @ the BBQ) & SUN (<-- in Impound). Going forward, please remind Jeff or Paul (Race Co/Directors).

NOTE: For Time Trial, we planned to start handing out the in-famous "NASA Winner" stickers which I do not think has happened yet either, but it will.

Thank you,

Tage & Adina Evanson

NASA Arizona Regional Director(s)