bypassing intake manifold coolant

dans2k

The coolant flow at the throttle body is disabled on mine. I did this to make the engine easier to work on. Having to drain and then refill coolant every time the throttle body is removed, is tedious! I do still have the heater core, early and late season track events can be cold around here.

Yeah that's the biggie.... having to deal w/ the cooling system to remove the TB is annoying. As for the heater.... every track car I've ever had is it's own heater

Engine doesn't warm up well early/late season. Seen some snow track days!

We lost half a day at CMP in Feb to snow. Not the norm though.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cobra4B

• Varkwso

• TurboShortBus

• dans2k

Engine doesn't warm up well early/late season. Seen some snow track days!

We lost half a day at CMP in Feb to snow. Not the norm though.

that was fun trying to get up the massive hill at the executive inn carpark!

From what I understand, whether or not a modification makes a difference on your car does not necessarily justify the associated points. Rather, the modification making a difference on a car, somewhere out there, is what justifies the points. This modification on an S2000 might not make a bit more power, but there might be another car out there (that people further up the ladder than me know about) that triples its RWHP with the same modification, and that car is the one that the rule is based on. Each individual rule likely cannot be written to pick and choose which car(s) it specifically applies to. There are plenty of rules and points that would apply to seemingly minor modifications on my car (don't get me started on double-whammy points for tubular K-members), but I have learned to throw my hands up and walk away.

Making a reflash of an ecu no points helped A LOT of cars, but there are cars that cannot take advantage of that free mod, i.e. 2000-2005 S2000. Hence, I feel ya.

Here is a solution:

1. Rip off the EGR coolant lines and anything else you don't like.

2. Reclass the car based on dyno results and weight.

3. Drive in anger.

3a. Drive flat out.

Man, I'm still stuck on that student/instructor video.

• 4 weeks later...