Roll Call for Willow Springs May 22-23

sagoston

Next SoCal event is three weeks away. Who's going?

1. Charles Buzzetti

2. Jim Richmond

3. Steve Agoston

4. Tom Atteberry

5. John Niedernhofer

6. Mike Peters

7. Tim Comeau

Edited by Guest

Would love to come... no NASA license and my car is not NASA legal.... Bilsteins? Header? and.... anyone think of anything else that makes it so fast??? (what else would I have to remove...)

Jim you dont need to worry about the car. You just have to put in 50 lbs of ballast per the rules for chip and header.

17 Special Transition Allowance – Regional Races Only

The following modifications are allowed for 4 regional races per season as defined below in the

interest of easing the transition of cars to the 944-Spec class. Drivers are encouraged to modify

their cars to comply with the standard rules as soon as possible. This section does not apply for

any races at NASA Nationals.

17.1 Special Transition Modifications

17.1.1 Aftermarket performance engine management chip is allowed with a 25lbs increase in

minimum weight.

17.1.2 Aftermarket performance headers are allowed with a 25lbs increase in minimum weight

17.1.3 Flywheels lighter than stock are allowed with a 30lbs increase in minimum weight.

17.2 Implementation of Weight Increases

Allowances listed in 17.1 may be applied individually or all together. If multiple allowances are

used then weights will be added to generate the new minimum weight. For example if just an

engine management chip is used minimum weigh would increase to 2625lbs, if all 3 allowances

are used then it requires an 80 lbs increase in minimum weight to 2680lbs with driver.

Tim C or I could vouch for you.

You have plenty of experience.

And it would be great to have you on track with us.

Contact Ryan Flaherty of NASA So-Cal. 310-943-7793 Phone & Fax

email [email protected]

Then you could get qualified for Nationals.

I am using the Bilstein Firehawk ones... they are kinda the shock that drove the wedge between the two orgs... I would be happy to go to the Konis... but different spring sizes means more expense... (shox, springs, etc...) and a LOT of work...

R2 Racing is having it's grand opening Saturday evening @ 7 pm on the 22nd. Everyone is invited. Food, drinks, music and car show. About 40 minutes from Willow springs raceway. Sorry guy's we won't be racing yet

I have no issue with a one race allowance for Mr. Marks to get the right shocks.

Bring it on!!!

Maybe we can get all the 944 guys to pile into a motor home and come to the party. That might be fun.

Do you have any Big Wheels we can race?

well I got the hall pass and I will be at willow should be there Friday for testing so will reserve space for all I will try for the space we had in February

Looks like I can join. Possible for Friday afternoon. Do they do half day testing there? R2 open house sounds like a fun gathering.

john n

Looks like we have 5 so far. Still haven't heard from Tim, Everett, Mad Dog, Big Dog, or Chris Allen.

John they do offer half day testing if you do not have a membership you will need to buy one if I remember it is about $100

I'm in. Working on the 924S hard........I have my head down and running as hard as I can. Was in the shop until 10:00pm last night.

I can't register until at least 5 of you guys have registered.

Let's get those other guys in there.

I put a couple new Konis on. But, thanks.

Worked until 9:30 last night. Cashed in some karma points. I asked my local 944 customers/friends for some help and they responded strongly! My brother and I plus 4 guys! Nice to get some help in return!

We got the new fenders, spoiler, bumper, 924S grill on. We removed about 70 lbs from the car. New springs, struts, shocks. Windshield repaired. Found a PERFECT pair of ABS offset wheels for the front. Perfectly round, that is. New head going on today or.....Corner balance and align on Thursday?

BTW,

It would be nice if we could park side by side in the area behind the snack bar/meeting room. Those spots are great to pull a truck and trailer thru and still have room for the car in back of the trailer. Like we did when it was raining.

That lines all the cars up for show and we can then gang up the E Z Ups.

Crap....in the shop again tonight (Wed) till 10:00pm.....

Head's back on and engine started, but not running well. Gotta recheck everything tomorrow, plus do my second job. I'm getting old fast.