2010 Nationals Roll Call

kbrew8991

looks like you only need 1 more TTF to register to have a run group.. nicely done!

BUT we did the math and it is too expensive for us this year as well (just can't afford/justify the 4 days of driving to/from + fuel + hotel + actual track expenses ).. but next year TTF at Mid-O is penciled in for us! (should be enough TTF for next year at Mid-O I would think!)

Edited by Guest

its 4 days for me no matter if its Miller or Mid-O. It is worth it, this'll be my 4th year (only missed 2008).

next year would be the 1st for us....

...last year we were both laid off.. this year I have still been laid off over a year now but working a temp 3 month contract that ends soon...

...priorities and economy dictate it just isn't feasible and only a pipe dream like it was last year and the year before... (unless I can magicly find a sponsor -- haha, yeah, right!)

..haven't gone to Mid-O yet for Nationals and easier to justify a 7 hour drive one-way (can start planning this year for that already).. plus I know I can get a hotel near Mid-O for a lot less than $129 a night! (it all factors in)

Plus the TT car gets driven to/from events whereas my spec Miata gets the trailer (we still need to get a 2car trailer but the finances get in the way of that plan too.. grrrr)

I hear ya - there are ways to do it cheaper (my hotel is $66) but in the end its still going to add up and still be a tough thing to pay for when there are other life priorities in the way - thats why I missed 2008, had only been employed for a few months after over a year off when September rolled around.

See you in 2011??

can't afford it, don't have the time, which means I'll probably be there

You should look into Jim Pantas's hauler deal... pretty slick way to get out to Utah

can't afford it, don't have the time, which means I'll probably be there

You should look into Jim Pantas's hauler deal... pretty slick way to get out to Utah

yep, probably will. I saw him post that last year

the only snag for me is baby #3 is due a few weeks after, so anything could happen. I figure my best bet is to just bring the wife and some birthing how-to medical training videos