Intercom

danwendling

Would like to install a headset and mic in my helmet for use with various instructors. Seems like the instructors headset is broken half the time.

Any standards in interconnection for headsets? Seems like Chatterbox and Nandy systems are the most popular.

Anybody now if I can install a Chatterbox stereo headset in my helmet and perhaps make an adapter to connect to the instructors control box?

Dan:

You can purchase a Chatterbox Full Faced helmet headset in your helmet, and the extension cable to plug it into your instructors communicator, rather than use his/her slip in headset. We have these in stock at OG Racing. Please feel free to contact us at 800-934-9112.

Kind regards,

Mark

I recommend the Chatterbox unit too, I have two that I take with me to the track, just in case one goes down, or the battery dies, don't want my student to be shorted the communication. The full face earpieces are a PITA to install, the intended installation by Chatterbox is BS, it will never hold, even the way I attached the velcro backing, the earpiece still gets loose, and let me tell you, your ear gives way first. It might be easier to get two student headsets, I have gone to full race comm ear plugs for my end.

Travis,

Where did you get the "full race comm ear plugs" and how do they work with the chatterbox unit? I've tried the chatterbox full face unit too, and had the same experience you had. It is practially worthless. I always get annoyed with the student earpiece too and would like to find something better.

I got my custom fit race earplug/ear pieces from Ear Everything, her name is Dawn Flinn. I will send you a PM with her contact info. I had no trouble hearing with the full face ear pieces, but can't get them to stay put, despite my best efforts.

With my earplugs, they plug into the audio port on the chatterbox, the one for headphones, looks like a regular headphone jack. I can hear much better, and they are better for protecting my ears from Noise Induced Hearing Loss, or letting it get worse than it already is. I bought them primarily for my photography exploits, but had them molded with ear pieces, to get 2 uses from them...I warn you...not cheap. But well worth it.