Traqmate RPM settings

JerryW

I'm having weird results when I hookup the rpm input on my TraqSync cable. I have the module set to C for Coil and ran a cable straight to the neg side of the coil. With the User Data set via Traqview to 4 cylinders it is showing consistantly low. If I set it to 8 cyls then it appears more accurate but doesnt run full range.

What cylinder number do those of you who have traqmate and RPM connections have set ?

Am I missing anything obvious ?

Thanks Guys

I just fired mine up to check but have to connect to the display unit to get that data. Will do that at the shop tomorrow.

But thanks to your post I just downloaded the files to update both the software and the display unit.

So I checked my settings and on the car setup I have it on 4 cylinders, warning at 6400, red at 7000. I assume you can set the weight to whatever but I currently have mine at 2700.

I have the full unit with the display and the coil wire running to the sensor unit analog adapter.

Thanks for checking.

I'll pull the data from the weekend and compare what got recorded. (The results I was seeing was in the driveway reving the engine in neutral using the Traqmate as a tach).