Mid Ohio in August for ECHC

GI8U2racing

We had that thread on the private forums earlier this year to include HyperFest, Mid Ohio in August, Watkins Glen in Oct, and Road Atl in Dec for our ECHC. I know a lot of people have broken stuff, now myself included, is anyone planning on going to Mid Ohio still? It's August 14-15.

I really hope this still comes thru as it could be a huge boost for HC in the GL/MW Regions and in general...we have an event coming up this weekend, and we four (4) entries, uncluding myself, Walter, Colin Botha in a CRX and a rookie, Sean Barwick, and an EK hatch with a B16A swap.

We have the start of a growing H2 class, and I'm pretty sure that the momentum will keep rolling as I've heard of other cars being built, etc.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at Mid Ohio in August...I'd love nothing better than to have 15 H2 cars doing a standing start on the front straight at Mid Ohio!

Regards,

Sam

I'd love nothing better than to have 15 H2 cars doing a standing start on the front straight at Mid Ohio!

A standing what?!?!

I have only ever launched my car in comp school, and I did it like I was just trying to get through comp school lol

I'd love nothing better than to have 15 H2 cars doing a standing start on the front straight at Mid Ohio!

A standing what?!?!

I have only ever launched my car in comp school, and I did it like I was just trying to get through comp school lol

Standing starts are the norm for MWHC, even if there are only 2 cars in class...I really enjoyed the 3-wide standing start that we did on Saturday at BeaveRun as there were 3 competitors in class and instead of having Rebecca start in a row by herself, we all decided to just launch 3-wide, and our Race Director was cool with it!

Nothing like getting a little drag racing in at the start of your 35 minute Road Race!

Regards,

Sam

I was never sure about standing starts but PT did a joint start with HC at Beaver last month and it was a pretty cool experience. Sam and I had a nice little game of chicken going into T1. Needless to say I was the dumb one and took the corner

But.... there's nothing like a flying start on the back stretch of Mid-Ohio to get the ol' juices flowing.

If I can figure out and fix whatever broke in my front suspension, get my new brake caliper from Fastbrakes, make another splitter, and get the front end fixed from the wreck, I'll be there. Sounds like a lot, but 90% chance I'll be there.

I doubt any of the SE people are going to make this one. I am trying to get my car back to front of the pack shape, and it has not been easy.

Well when I went to start prepping the car, I found a little more damage than I had bargained for. I've got torn subframe parts that will need to be replaced, along with a laundry list of other fixes needed to be ready. I'm gonna have to sit this one out.

Here is the race recap from last weekend: http://www.nasagreatlakes.com/pdf/press_release/2010/M-OHCJULY.pdf, and congratulations to Colin Botha for winning H2 both days with his 120hp CRX.

Let's get those entries in, as currently Brian Shanfield is registered in H1 in the Team Honda Research Acura TL type-S and Walter McKinney is registered in H2 in his MFactory Competition Products Honda Prelude. I know that the Team Know Fear / Myers Motorsports Honda Civic will be registering for H2 in the next day or so, and both Colin Botha and Sean Barwick have said to be registering yet this week.

Aside from Erik in H2, who else is planning to attend?

Regards,

Sam

Gents and gals,

We are a little over 10 days out and so far we have the following entries:

Brian Shanfeld - H1 - Acura TL

Walter McKinney - H2 - Honda Prelude

Eric Olson - H2 - GSR-powered Honda Civic

Spencer Anderson - H2 - GSR-powered Honda Civic

Sean Barwick - H2 - B16A-powered Honda Civic

Aside from this, who else is in? I know that the Team Know Fear / Myers Motorsports B18B w/ Crower Cams powered Honda Civic will be registering for H2 in the next day or so, and Colin Botha should be registering in H2 this week with his 120hp Honda CRX.

Can anyone step up and take the top spot on the podium away from Colin? To find out the answer to this, or to be a part of the answer, you'll need to be at the event!

See you all at the track!

Regards,

Sam

Gents and gals,

We are a little over 10 days out and so far we have the following entries:

Brian Shanfeld - H1 - Acura TL

Walter McKinney - H2 - Honda Prelude

Eric Olson - H2 - GSR-powered Honda Civic

Spencer Anderson - H2 - GSR-powered Honda Civic

Sean Barwick - H2 - B16A-powered Honda Civic

Aside from this, who else is in? I know that the Team Know Fear / Myers Motorsports B18B w/ Crower Cams powered Honda Civic will be registering for H2 in the next day or so, and Colin Botha should be registering in H2 this week with his 120hp Honda CRX.

Can anyone step up and take the top spot on the podium away from Colin? To find out the answer to this, or to be a part of the answer, you'll need to be at the event!

Regards,

Sam

MAN if only im not so darn broke!!! Still is awesome that MWHC is still having participation compared to last year! Hopefully this will continue till i can actually finish my stuff!

Yes, Spencer is out as I helped him with the cancellation.

I spoke to Oldt at Mid O this past weekend and advised him to get registered ASAP as I know that they were wait listing all of run groups, so hopefully he'll be able to get in.

Regards,

Sam

Sam, Oldt and I will be coming in a rig that will be about 82' long. It looks like it will be pretty tight trying to get in and out of the Honda Challenge parking area especially on Sunday when false grid will still be in use. I think we will try to find space in the upper paddock area. Any thoughts.

Erik

Erik,

When will you guys be arriving? Getting in could possible be more of a battle than getting out as if you aren't arriving until Friday evening then a majority of the good spots in the middle paddock will be taken.

I'm sure that we can get your rig in and out of the lower paddock.

Feel free to give me a call...614.206.3144.

Regards,

Sam

we should just park back in the grass area near the showers / bathrooms. should be plenty of room back there. it's a bit of a hike if we want to go watch the other race grp, but we can pile in my truck and drive over to madness for that.

I plan to be thre Friday afternoon, save me a space if ya can!

We have always parked up in the grass in the past and the walk over to madness isn't that bad.

Walt, is Laura going to be with you this weekend? If not we should have some room in the RV for you.

We should be arriving sometime in the late morning, we'll try to save you some space.

we should just park back in the grass area near the showers / bathrooms. should be plenty of room back there. it's a bit of a hike if we want to go watch the other race grp, but we can pile in my truck and drive over to madness for that.

I plan to be thre Friday afternoon, save me a space if ya can!

Guys,

I will be leaving to head to the track here in about 2 hours, so I'll be in the gate early and will have the entire area between the edge of the grid and the wood fence to the west of grid in the lower paddock roped off for HC. There will also be room along the wooden fence at the back edge of grid (close to the Continental Motorsports building) if we should need to overflow into there.

Regards,

Sam