Favorite H2 donor?

dstevenslv

What's your favorite H2 donor? I've been racing circle track for the last couple of years and can't seem to kick the road racing habit after road racing shifter karts for 8 years or so. Won't likely buy one complete. I've got experience building race cars (and a pretty complete shop for a hobby guy) and at this point get as much of a kick out of building them as racing them. I cruised through the results at mylaps and got an idea of what people were running. Looking for more info at this point.

The Integras look racy at some tracks too. Initially I was looking at H4 but it seems to be a ghost town class. We've got a race the weekend of Miller but that would be the race to see to check out the class. My options are spend another 5k and build a new hobby stock (current rules make my car a top 10 but not top 3), move up a class to street stock and buy or build to the tune of 7-10k (still not bad). I figure that I can keep my hobby stock and run it some (only 30 bucks entry, runs almost every other weekend), spend 5-7k on an HC (which will probably nickel and dime me to 8-10k but it feels better to me to low ball it though I know better). Or start an SM or SSM but that's easy 10k plus for a good regional car. At this point just exploring the idea of a respectable regional car and a weekend circle tracker. HC looks like a good way to do that.

Prelude is a good car, not popular though. And it pretty much relegates you to a heavy car (eats brakes, and A WHOLE lot of tires).

IMO the 94-01 integra is the "best" car.

suspension parts are easy to get, there are a TON of them out there, and they fit the spectrum of the class.

If you are <200lbs you can get an integra down to 2250lbs so it can run a B16a or you can keep the car around 2600lbs for a H22a if you wanted to run that. And the car can run anything in between there and make weight.

If you can do the fab work yourself i think you can build a pretty decent H2 for 10k

Thanks Jimmy. I'm learning the different engine combos right now. Of course if I were a smart racer/builder I'd just buy a sorted H2 but where's the fun in that? I don't do transmissions yet but I can do most everything else. Any metal fab no problem though it took a couple of years before I felt safe to do a cage (and got the chops to get it to pass).

Dave