Autpower roll cage?

SactownXSi

if its the DOM one, then yes i think it is.

i wouldn't race with one though.

if your looking for a good weld in cage, Mike lock of goto racing can do some nice stuff, and now he even lives in sacramento.

hell yeah! mike built my cage. he has become quite talented in cage building, and its custom for your car, and your preferences, and he can do nascar door bars that kick ass, which youll never get from autopower.... so dont waste your money, because mike can give you a great cage at a very fair price, considering the amount of time and effort going into a custom cage...

ps: its going to be a million times safer than that auto power shit, ive seen those.... they RATTLE for christ sake... do you really want a roll cage to rattle?

ps: its going to be a million times safer than that auto power shoo-shiddily-diddily, ive seen those.... they RATTLE for christ sake... do you really want a roll cage to rattle?

onther advantage of a weld in cage is it will help stiffen the car. the bolt its don't.

And I fully suggest the GOTO:racing cages ! I have one in my car and had a chance to "test" it. It did its job!

What if you use an Autopower bolt in, and actually weld it in and modify/add to it?

That would be better, but most bolt ins are designed to keep the intiror in the car. They don't fit at tight to the body at a good cutom cage (like the ones goto:racing makes).

by the time you buy a full bolt in roll cage and then pay someone to weld it together you would be about the same price as custom cage.

What if you use an Autopower bolt in, and actually weld it in and modify/add to it?

That would be better, but most bolt ins are designed to keep the intiror in the car. They don't fit at tight to the body at a good cutom cage (like the ones goto:racing makes).

by the time you buy a full bolt in roll cage and then pay someone to weld it together you would be about the same price as custom cage.

I was looking at buying one that came out of another Honda-Challenge car. I'm just starting this, no doubt in the future I will go to the full weld-in type. I just want to get my feet wet, but I want to make sure I'll be safe in the process.

I was looking at buying one that came out of another Honda-Challenge car. I'm just starting this, no doubt in the future I will go to the full weld-in type. I just want to get my feet wet, but I want to make sure I'll be safe in the process.

if you can get it for free or next to nothing then I would do it.. otherwise your just throwing money(and time) out the window!

• 3 weeks later...

I would get one made specificly for the car so you can have items like door bars done to the specs you want right from the begining. My car has an Autopower cage in it that has been welded in and customized. I'm using it because that is how my car came.

Z

I work at a shop and we do build race cars(BMW's) so getting it welded in properly and even having door bars added should not be a problem as well as being cost effective.

I own a roll cage fabrication business, Calculated Risk LLC. I have made the majority of the nor cal H4 cages, and one of my cages was just involved a 15+ flip roll over at t hill on saturday, and the driver walked away. If you would like, I will send you pics of the cage after the accident. I offer a 10% discount to present of future honda challenge drivers.

I own a roll cage fabrication business, Calculated Risk LLC. I have made the majority of the nor cal H4 cages, and one of my cages was just involved a 15+ flip roll over at t hill on saturday, and the driver walked away. If you would like, I will send you pics of the cage after the accident. I offer a 10% discount to present of future honda challenge drivers.

wow mike who fliped this weekend?

SRM Tuning's 2005 evo flipped in turn 8 at T hill. The first one and a half rotations were 10 feet in the air! No ****!

crashed1.sized.jpg

crashed2.sized.jpg

crashed_lifted1.sized.jpg

crashed_cage.sized.jpg

crashed_lifted2.sized.jpg

crashed_lifted3.sized.jpg

Could we please see some pics of the following: inside of the a-pillar bars near the windshield, the support tube from the a-pillar the the main hoop on the driver side, the main hoop mounting points. Also maybe some "before" pics after that cage was installed.

-Tony

TC Design

http://www.tcdesignfab.com

Sure tony, I have MANY pics coming from SRM Tuning. PM me your email and I would be glad to send them to you. For further research, they are going to have the car in their showroom as an sales tool for my cages which they are an offical dealer of.

For the meantime, there was no major deformation of the cage. By no major deformation I mean the cage did not move from its original position by more then an inch. The most movement I found was at the top of the driver side A pillar, which was the initial point of impact. According to the driver of the car behind him, the car completed one and a half rotations in the air before hitting the track. That was the scary part of the accident, the majority of the rolls occurs on the paved surface, not the dirt.

The main hoop mounting points did not show any signs of stress. The right rear mounting point also was intact, however a factory spot welded lap joint near the area began to fail. I hope this information can help you improve your cage designs. This was a 1.75"x.125", DOM mig welded cage.

It is not often that anyone's cage is involved in a roll over as violent as this one was. I invite any cage fabricator in the area to take advantage of this accident and come take a look at the car. It will be in SRM Tuning's showroom, San Rafael, CA.

I have to agree with what others say about the fit and leaving in the interior. We've got a heavily modified autopower in our pro-7, and while I don't feel unsafe in it, it leaves a lot of borders, particularly around the top (leave in the headliner and door edges) and I could really use the space.

Scott