TT Newb questions.

lee33lyn

1)I have a C4 vette with a roll bar only. I read the rules and I think I can compete?

2)I've run several HPDE 3 events and other groups black and red groups. Can I get a lisc. with this experience?

3)Can I get a lisc. in time to run the Nasa Octoberfast at Vir the first week in Oct.?

thanks for the info.

Lee

I would recommend that you re-read the TT rules carefully, as the answers to your questions are in there. But, the short answers are:

1) Yes, the car would be legal

2) No

3) Direct this question (as well as the others) to the TT director in your region or the TT director in the region in which you wish to participate.

Mark

re 2&3 - Your best bet is to get with your regional guy (you mention VIR so that'd be Jon Felton in the Mid Atlantic last I checked if so) and see what kind of experience they're looking for - might be getting close to a check ride depending on the exact details and such.

1)I have a C4 vette with a roll bar only. I read the rules and I think I can compete?

2)I've run several HPDE 3 events and other groups black and red groups. Can I get a lisc. with this experience?

3)Can I get a lisc. in time to run the Nasa Octoberfast at Vir the first week in Oct.?

thanks for the info.

Lee

1) Possibly. TT follows the same safety rules and tech requirements as HPDE, those are listed in the CCR. You will want to make sure you pass the "broomstick test" if you are coming to VIR specifically.

2) Probably. The minimum is 4 weekends of passing-in-corners experience (NASA HPDE3 Advanced or direct equivalent) to qualify for a TT check ride.

3) Absolutely, if you meet the requirements and pass a TT check ride before then. Could do one that Friday with some advance notice.

I've got about 5 weekends of open passing. A couple of those had 2.5 hours of track time a day.

thanks Lee

Email me if you want to TT at VIR in Oct, we will get the details figured out.

• Members
The real question is... "Do you drive flat out?"

:thumbup:

"I've done 206MPH on the Autobahn... on a moonless night... in freezing rain, with one eye closed while talking on my cell phone."