2004 Mazdaspeed Miata TT legal roll bar???

PaulB

• Members
Is there a list of NASA legal "approved" roll bar hoops for the miata?

Thanks,

Paul Bloomberg

nope. As long as they comply with the CCR, they are legal.

^ What Shawn said!

There are a couple of well-respected venders that make bolt-in roll bars for the Miata, Bethania Garage and Boss Frog come to mind. Be sure that the model you select does conform with the CCR and fits your application. E.g. some are compatible with glass windows, hard tops, etc., and some are not. One of the biggest challenges with a Miata is to get the top of the roll structure high enough while still fitting under your top.

The MazdaSpeed Miata is a really fun track car - enjoy it!

Kirk and Harddog are the ones I see most often that pass tech. Look for "SCCA Solo1 approved" or similar, as NASA has very similar requirements for HPDE rollbars.

• 1 month later...

I just installed a Hard Dog Hardtop in my 97 Miata for TT. The roll bar installed without any issues. Be sure to check the fit of the driver/seat combo before you commit to a roll bar. I encountered the most difficulty finding and installing a seat to fit properly. Getting low enough is a big challenge (I'm 6'1") with a helmet.