Dyno Results At Miller....

jrgordonsenior

Question for those who dyno'd at Miller last year:

Did you dyno results at Miller differ from your latest dyno results in your home territory? I'm curious as to how the elevation, humidity, etc. affected the results and whether or not I need to plan on dynoing my car there...

Thanks in advance...

JR Gordon ST2

THEORETICALLY, they should be the same as the dynos are supposed to account for altitude. Having said that, I'd really like to know, too....

THEORETICALLY, they should be the same as the dynos are supposed to account for altitude. Having said that, I'd really like to know, too....

I've always wondered how they account for boosted vs n/a cars in the altitude correction. does (or even can?) the dynojet software account for that?

when you are out on track pulling WOT, it's not corrected

Mine was higher by about 25hp at Miller, AND I originally dyno'd on a Mustang. So that probably doesnt help completely, but I was surprised to see it that much higher.

Made 156whp on a Mustang, made 181whp at Miller on a dynojet.

The dyno operator for Nationals will be at Mid-Ohio this weekend, so maybe you can chat with Greg about what he experienced last year.

-Scott B.

I've always wondered how they account for boosted vs n/a cars in the altitude correction. does (or even can?) the dynojet software account for that?

when you are out on track pulling WOT, it's not corrected

There is no correction for "how" your motor is making the power just what the difference should be based on the temp, humidity and barometric pressure. It was a very interesting issue for some of the turbocharged cars. Surprisingly, they weren't that far off.

The big thing to remember here is I am bringing a machine (dyno) that has one moving part and one computer that only has to do a couple equations in order to operate. You all are bringing a machine (your racecar) with thousands of moving parts and at least one computer that has to make an internal combustion engine run at peak efficiency.

Now, I'm not saying that dynos are perfect but I spend a lot more time trying to get cars running properly than I do getting the dyno running.

The majority of cars last year that had LARGE differences were either carbureted or having tuning issues related to the altitude or temperature.

When you come to the dyno, make sure you know how your car operates at all temperatures. Hood up and hood down.

Make sure your tires have the proper amount of air in them.

Make sure when you get your certification pulls your drivetrain is hot. Hot oil has less drag than cold oil.

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to call me at the shop or see me this weekend at Mid Ohio.

877-234-5551