tow hooks

malibuguy

am i alright running the stock tow hooks...i'm pressed for money...they didn't say anything about my stock xB i ran back in april...but i'm going to be running my tercel in a week & a half...will i be okay?

while not required in HPDE, I highly recommend using them. I use the factory tow hooks for my RX-8, and while I have never needed them on track, I know people in DE who have. I have also seen the flat tow driver latch onto anything he can find...so, better to give them a good target, or they might find a sway bar!

I have been yanked out twice without tow hooks. The workers don't like like it one bit, and they WILL get you out of the way in a hurry no matter what.

not sure really, there are places that sell them, but beware of the ones that are labeled as "for looks only", there are a lot of those out there, and you don't want those.

Many cars (especially european ones) have a factory screw-in hook in the tool kit... Get a second one from a junkyard or ebay or dealership, install both, and be done.

I ran 'em on both ends of my E30 and E36 for years, for track use but also for parallel parking armor around town

^+1, use what works, not just something that looks good. I painted my factory ones red so that they stand out, in the event that they need to be used.

my rear ones bolt on...so i might make something that comes thru the rear bumper cover to use...like one of the hinged ones i see alot...where do i find them??

the front...well...is going to require something custom, but hey i'm a fabricator, i shouldn't have a problem

not sure really, there are places that sell them, but beware of the ones that are labeled as "for looks only", there are a lot of those out there, and you don't want those.

Awesome...Hardparker gear

I know a lot about tow hooks, but not about your car. If you have some sort of factory tie down under the front, you can attach something called a climbing runner to it to make things easier for us EV guys. You can find them at Hudson trail outfitters, and REI. All they are are nylon straps sewn into a loop. You can loop them through your factory tie downs, to give us a bigger target.

I have some extras at the track so I can show you how they work if you don't find a solution by this weekend.

I know a lot about tow hooks, but not about your car. If you have some sort of factory tie down under the front, you can attach something called a climbing runner to it to make things easier for us EV guys. You can find them at Hudson trail outfitters, and REI. All they are are nylon straps sewn into a loop. You can loop them through your factory tie downs, to give us a bigger target.

I have some extras at the track so I can show you how they work if you don't find a solution by this weekend.

yeah, i won't be able to do anything about them in time...i'll catch up with you this weekend...i hope to be out their friday night by around 6 with my GF's son (to help me set up the MASSIVE tent we have, lol)