Why doesn't Hankook offer contingency?

UKRBMW

Just curious if there is a reason. Seems they do things for SCCA, but nothing for NASA. They even sponsor Redline Time Attack, but we get nothing.

Yep. It seems their C91 compound is quite good. Maybe next year Yoko and Good Year will begin supporting time trails. Or we'll just keep buying Hoosiers so they can continue earning all the money.

275/35/18 as big as they offer in C91, leaves out a lot of the 295 TTA and TTS/U/R crowd

Yeah, but there is still the C51 and C71 compounds which are similar to the R6 and A6 respectively. Those come in a broader range of sizes, but not sure if they come any bigger than the 275/35/18.

Phil - what do 275/35/18s run in C91? Don't see prices listed.

I can understand that it costs money, but I have to think it's also the reason why 80% of cars in the paddock running Hoosiers (other 20% running Toyo because they are in a Spec class).

Phil - what do 275/35/18s run in C91? Don't see prices listed.

I can understand that it costs money, but I have to think it's also the reason why 80% of cars in the paddock running Hoosiers (other 20% running Toyo because they are in a Spec class).

$292 each

Contingencies cost money - but competitive tires get sold due to contingency.

Hoosier sells a LOT more tires then they award as contingency.

I see an awful lot of sticker Hoosiers at SE TT events. Way more then the ones that are being earned via contingency.

Toyo contingency in CMC was really a joke - in the SE anyway.